PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast on the Go for a Toddler/Pre-schooler

Naxi
03-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi!

My DS1 is nearly 3. He has a lot of trouble eating when he first gets up in the morning (I am the same...) Unfortunately, if we have anything on that day, it is a real struggle to get him to eat before we leave the house.

He used to be happy to have dried cereal (especially Cheerios or Nutragrain) as a dried snack in a cup to take with him, but he doesn't like to do this anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas of yummy snacks I can use as breakfast substitutes, please?

Thanks!

Singingmom
03-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Frozen, reheated pancakes.

Peanut butter and banana sandwich, with the pb and banana mashed together and spread on the bread (so the bananas don't fall out).

Muffins, made ahead and frozen, set out the night before (could be a little messy)

:)

Heather R
03-25-2009, 09:18 PM
We do toasted multi-grain bagels with butter (no pb or jam) for our "on the run" breakfasts. Usually with some apple slices or grapes. DD (4) can manage a yogurt tube neatly enough, but DS (2) cannot. ;)

mellybeane
03-26-2009, 07:46 AM
We do Nutrigrain bars (I think you may have mentioned that), bananas, grapes, apple slices, yogurt covered raisins, cereal bars, chewy granola bars...(can you tell we do this a lot :giggle)

I don't do Poptarts or muffins because they make too much of a mess.

BearyBlessed
03-26-2009, 09:23 AM
I do pancakes or french toast sticks. Sometimes I put it in a baggie or bowl, sometimes I just hand him one. I also do cereal and apples.

milkmommy
03-26-2009, 09:26 AM
hard boiled eggs fruit (bannanas spple slices grapes ect) those cinnimon toast mini waffles :shifty yogurt (maybe not if too young)

Deanna

Drew
03-26-2009, 09:57 AM
P likes bananas for breakfast for this very reason.

Ali
03-26-2009, 10:02 AM
My DS would often rather drink that eat, so we usually do milkshakes. Right now we do 1/2 Pediasure and 1/2 milk - not the crunchiest option, but Shaklee makes a good mealshake mix we have used before. :yum

TuneMyHeart
03-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Bananas, cereal bars, or a cup of kefir. Everything else is really messy. :lol