PDA

View Full Version : Help! I can't get my bathroom sink clean

Charlie U
03-24-2009, 08:07 PM
I have set aside all my bleach based cleaners for the most part. I have Method cleaners on hand. (Glass cleaner, Barenaked surface cleaner, bamboo surface wipes, and toilet bowl cleaner.) I've cleaned 99% of the goo out of the sink.

The sink is white. Well, it should be white. There's a tan-ish residue on the sink. I've used the surface cleaner and the surface wipes. Neither have done anything to this residue. I'm assuming it's a combination of toothpaste and soap. I've tried letting it soak, more or less, by filling it up and letting it sit. I've used up all of my elbow grease. (And the bathroom's not done yet!)

I'm ready to break out the SoftScrub.

Really, though, this is the cleanest my bathroom has been, even with the bleachy cleaners. And it doesn't stink. It's minty fresh. (No, really!)

MarynMunchkins
03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Have you tried peroxide? :think

Charlie U
03-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Hmm. I don't have any. Would that hurt the color at all?

Rabbit
03-24-2009, 08:35 PM
What is the sink made from?

MarynMunchkins
03-24-2009, 08:35 PM
If it's supposed to be white, I wouldn't think so. :shrug

Charlie U
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Well, dh went up there and used Soft Scrub (with bleach) on the sink. :mad Because "you have to!" The entire house reeks. :/

Charlie U
03-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh, I'm just going to clean the sink every day with the cleaner. I am so angry! I am trying so hard to get rid of that crap.

Charlie U
03-24-2009, 08:57 PM
I mean, really. If he wanted to trample all over what I was doing in the bathroom, why couldn't he have done something I would have appreciated like taking out the garbage?

Rabbit
03-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Seriously, is this a porcelain sink, or another sort of material?

Charlie U
03-24-2009, 10:19 PM
I believe he said it was acrylic. :scratch He's not sure.

Rabbit
03-24-2009, 10:29 PM
All of the different resin sinks have different cleaning instructions. Some you can use abrasive cleaners or sponges on, and some you can't.

Try oxyclean next time. Stop up the sink, fill it with steaming hot water, and a heaping scoop of oxyclean. Leave overnight. Drain and wipe down in the morning. There are less scented versions made by other companies.

milkmommy
03-24-2009, 10:31 PM
I like making pastes of cream of tarter and hydrogen peroxide apply to stained area let sit like an hour rinse and buff.

Deanna