PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about flannel

Blue Savannah
03-24-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm less than impressed with the flannel I got from Joann's and Hancock's. I used it for cloth wipes, and it's not soft anymore and it's really pilly. I'm getting ready to do another project with flannel, and I want to make sure I get a better quality fabric to work with this time. Any tips? Brands? Sources? We have a few local quilt shops; I can look there if I know what I'm looking for, but I'm also willing to order online. I just want to make sure I get higher quality stuff this time. :)

Marielle
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
you want a double napped flannel - one brand is Killington. Flannel by nature is pilly but double napped flannel is thicker and has that soft brushed texture on both sides. Generally you'll likely find it in solids and I've even bought it at walmart. Regular flannel has a smooth side on the wrong side and is thinner especially after you wash the double napped and compare.

Blue Savannah
03-24-2009, 08:43 PM
:ty5

Littledisciples
03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Hancocks sells Diaper Flannel. Have you tried that? Its normaly more durable and better quality just ask them where its at next time you go. Its not always next to the regular flannel