PDA

View Full Version : Can I make this casserole dish WITHOUT having to cook the chicken first?

Calliope
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I have this recipe I have made for years that is a curry chicken and broccoli casserole. The thing that gets me is that I always have to cook the chicken first and *then* put it into the casserole dish with the broccoli and baking it. Is there a way I could just cook it all at once? The original recipe called for cooking the broccoli first too, but I found the veggies cooked just fine in the oven.

newday
03-20-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't think it would work well. You could end up with tough or under cooked chicken...
Two ideas - maybe you could bake the chicken first at a nice high heat (so the outside is really done and the inside still has some cooking time left) and then throw the rest of the ingredients into the pan at the norm. temp, baking as usual.
Or, maybe you could use a large cast iron skillet and fry the chicken (or however you normally cook it) then put all the ingredients into that pan and cook it all together in the oven. At least it would save the dishes.

Apple-Saucy
03-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I rarely if ever cook chicken before putting it into a casserole

CakeLady
03-20-2009, 04:39 PM
how long is it supposed to cook for? it'd probably be just fine.