PDA

View Full Version : help me salvage this sweater

Beauty4Ashes
03-19-2009, 11:12 AM
http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Apparel/WT1546+Crochet+V-Neck+Pullover.htm

I accidentally made this in size small (bust 30-32"). I need it to be at least a medium. The mistake I made is that I had 2 patterns for a sweater. One defined a small as fitting a bust size 36", the one that I was making has the bust for 30-32". I all ready made the back and half of the front. I am not about to take it all out and start over again. Is there any way that I can salvage this? It's beautiful, only I don't know anyone who has a size 30-32" bust. I'm trying to convince myself that it's for my mom because if it's for me, I would never finish it.

TestifyToLove
03-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Could you repeat your cable panel for joining the sides to add more width? Just work it into the ends of the row? Hard to see what you can do without pictures of the original pattern nor what you've done.

Beauty4Ashes
03-20-2009, 05:59 AM
Groan. I cannot find the hardware for the digital camera after I lost all my files. I'll try to post a picture...eventually...if I can find said hardware.

KnittingHappy
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm not a crocheter (is that even a word???? :giggle) but I wanted to offer :hug2 I knit and I absolutely want to sit and bawl when I have to rip something out.

Beauty4Ashes
03-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Hmm, maybe I won't have to worry about salvaging it? It says that for a size small 30-32, the finished bust size is a 38??? How can this be? The bottom piece of both the front and back measure about 16" across. I'm confused.