PDA

View Full Version : help translateing?

pastelsummer
03-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Ok i am trying to crotchet some nursing pads as I have leftover wool yarn. but all I could find online was this!!! and i am not good at reading patterns yet Or if you have a simpler one can you share it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woollen Nursing Pads
Make 4 ch, join to form ring.
First round: 10 dc into ring, join into first dc with s-st.
Second round: 3 ch, 2 dc into each dc, join with s-st into top of 3 ch.
Third round: 3 ch, * 1 dc into 1 dc, 2 dc in next dc; rep from * to end, join into top of 3 ch with s-st.
4th round: 3 ch, *1 dc into each of next 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc; rep from * to end, join with s-st into top of 3 ch.
5th round: 3 ch, * 1 dc in each of next 3 dc, 2 dc in next dc; rep from * to end, join with s-st in top of 3 ch.
Continue, increasing the number of dcs beffore you do 2 dc in same dc by 1 until pads are big enough. If you want to felt them, make them about twice as big as you want them to be in the end.

Wash them in the washing-machine at 40 deg until they have felted and shrunk to the right size. Now flatten them and allow to dry. This may take up to 24 hours if you have felted them heavily.

Pattern Designed By Maxine Alexander

TestifyToLove
03-19-2009, 05:30 AM
You just need to learn to translate in your head. That's the key to working patterns.

Make 4 chains, join to form ring.
First round: 10 double crochet into ring, join into first double crochet with slip stitch.
Second round: 3 chain, 2 double crochet into each double crochet, join with slip stitch into top of 3 chain.
Third round: 3 chain, *1 double crochet into 1 double crochet, 2 double crochet into next double crochet in next double crochet; repeat from * to end, join into top of 3 chain with slip stitch.
4th round: 3 chain, *1 double crochet into each of next 2 double crochet, 2 double crochet in next double double crochet; repeat from * to end, join with slip stitch to top of 3 chain.
5th round: 3 chain, * 1 double crochet in each of next 3 double crochet, 2 double crochet into next double crochet; repeat from * to end, join with slip stitch to top of 3 chain.
Continue, increasing the numbe of double crochets before you do 2 double crochets in the same double crochet by 1 until pads are big enough.

pastelsummer
03-19-2009, 08:53 AM
:heart
You are an angel! I was so confused.