PDA

View Full Version : ISO English Muffin recipe?

CakeLady
03-09-2009, 10:06 AM
I would love to start making my own WW English muffins. I've found a few recipes on recipezaar, but was wondering if anyone has made them before and if you have a good recipe.....

cobluegirl
03-09-2009, 10:17 AM
I have one..but not for ww... I supposed you could substitute ww....

Well..I guess my recipe is for the bread..and not the muffins.. don't know if it would work the same or not..

2 pkg yeast
1/4 c. luke warm water
1TBS sugar
2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups milk, scalded and cooled
1/4tsp baking soda
1TBS of water
5 cups of flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water; allow to sit 10 min. Add sugar, salt, milk, and 2 1/2 cups of flour. Beat until well blended. Add remaining flour, mix well and cover; let rise 1 1/2 hrs, or until double in bulk. Dissolve baking soda in 1TBS water; stir down dough mix and add in soda water. Divide dough into two loaves and place in well greased loaf pans; cover and let rise until doubled-about 1 hr. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 45 mins or until golden in color. Remove from pans cool.

I haven't used this one..I don't think..if so it has been years...

CakeLady
03-09-2009, 10:28 AM
well, it sounds good. i will have to try it even if it isn't for english muffins. :smile

ViolaMum
03-10-2009, 01:37 PM
I made them several years ago, but can't find the recipe right now.

I still have the ring molds, though! If I recall correctly, it was a pretty wet dough, went into the ring mold and were cooked on a dry skillet instead of the oven. They may have been finished in the oven . . . . .