PDA

View Full Version : Simple knit hat

expatmom
03-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Does anyone have a pattern for a simple knit hat for babies/kids? I've got a bunch of yarn that I want to knit up & give to a local orphanage. I'm looking for simple & quick, so I can make a bunch fast! :)

Eowyn
03-09-2009, 07:19 AM
This one is my current favorite: http://20hatsproject.blogspot.com/2007/12/conehead-baby-hat.html. I ribbed the first three rows instead of stockinette, because I wanted it to stay on the kid's head. :giggle As an added bonus, it's cute and pointy.

Kiara.I
03-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I made this one for my son:
http://acechick.typepad.c om/knitchicks_patterns/ (I put a space in to break the link)

It's very cute and gets lots of comments. You could add embroidered black flecks to make a strawberry, use purple for an eggplant, orange for an orange, etc.

UltraMother
03-09-2009, 02:06 PM
My simple hat recipe:
Knit a rectangle the size you want, plus two extra edge stitches.
Instead of binding off, leave a LONG tail and pull thru the last row of stitches to gather.
Stitch the back seam.

You could also knit the first inch in rib, if you want a better fit.

newday
03-09-2009, 02:13 PM
My simple hat recipe:
Instead of binding off, leave a LONG tail and pull thru the last row of stitches to gather.
Stitch the back seam.

My kind of pattern!! Thanks. :rockon

expatmom
03-09-2009, 05:56 PM
My simple hat recipe:
Stitch the back seam.

I could totally do this with my Girl Scouts! Thanks!

The tomato beanie is so cute. I might try that one for my dd2!

Eowyn, I might make a few of those too, for variety. ;)

Thanks!

Eowyn
03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Eowyn, I might make a few of those too, for variety. ;)

I'm making one for me out of Noro Silk Garden. :O

BeckaBlue
03-10-2009, 09:26 PM
my basic hat is casting on as many stitches as needed onto circular needles (i use magic loop where needed), knit awhile, then divide # of sts by 6-place stitch markers at each number and k2tog every other row at the markers till i have 6 sts left, then wrap through em to tighten and graft the end in

knitting hat down is same basic principal, start w/ 6 sts, increase 6 sts every other row till i have the needed width and work down till the needed length

thats the basics :)