PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use spacebags?

appalachiamama
03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm looking to cut the closet clutter 'round here and wanted to know how well the work (or don't). :) Also, has anybody tried the cubes or bigger ones they sell?

allisonintx
03-04-2009, 04:52 PM
I use them for blankets and jackets during the warm months (which is to say, most of the year)
I like the cubes really well, for storing stuff in the top of the closets.

appalachiamama
03-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I use them for blankets and jackets during the warm months (which is to say, most of the year)
I like the cubes really well, for storing stuff in the top of the closets.

Do you use a shop vac or a regular to suck 'em? :giggle

allisonintx
03-04-2009, 04:58 PM
I use a little utility vacuum that has a hose. Nothing fancy, not a shop vac.

MarynMunchkins
03-04-2009, 05:29 PM
I :heart them.

KatieMae
03-05-2009, 10:54 AM
I have dozens... seriously :shifty I keep 95% of the kids outgrown clothes to be used on future kids, so there's a whole section of our basement devoted to these :rockon

What I like:
* There's no wasted space, compared to big plastic tubs
* Easy to label or re-label; write on a piece of paper & put it on the clear side before you vacuum
* I use my regular vacuum to seal them

What I don't like:
* Sometimes the seal fails, but even if it does, they still keep the clothes clean & organized so this isn't a big deal to me.
* They don't stack, since they're soft & not flat

Oh, and I *really* like the Travel bags too, in case anyone thinks they might try those for their next vacation :tu

Bookworm13
03-09-2009, 07:35 AM
I mostly like them. My experience with them has been that they are very delicate and have to be handled carefully. Other than that, I love them. They sure help with storage in a small apartment.

ETA: I just use my regular vacuum. :)

--stephanie

liamum
03-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Oh, and I *really* like the Travel bags too, in case anyone thinks they might try those for their next vacation

Do you need access to a vacuum at your destination to close the travel ones?

appalachiamama
03-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Oh, and I *really* like the Travel bags too, in case anyone thinks they might try those for their next vacation

Do you need access to a vacuum at your destination to close the travel ones?

You roll out the air. :)

allisonintx
03-09-2009, 08:21 AM
I've also successfully used the big ziploc bags as "travel bags" by rolling the air out of them the same way and then sealing the last little part of the zip.