PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an uplifting book for one dealing with health problems

ShangriLewis
03-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Not sure if I should put this here or somewhere else...it needs traffic because I need it by Saturday.

I'm looking for something possibly Christian as a gift for my fabulous SIL. She is dealing with health problems and feeling so guilty that she isn't enough or good enough to believe that the church's healing is enough :( It's just really, horribly sad. She has given so much to her friends, family, etc. yet it seems like the support she needs is evaporating.

Any recommendations? I'm not sure what I'm looking for but maybe something that has helped you personally.

cobluegirl
03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
I liked Larry Burkett's books about his cancer..but I am not really sure if that is what you are looking for.. I think probably not..
I am not sure of any others.. maybe someone else will know..

Lyssa might be a good person to ask...

ShangriLewis
03-04-2009, 02:36 PM
She has developed Asthma that seems to be linked to mold exposure (Washington black mod :/) and thyroid problems. Thyroid stuff is so common and I just don't see that she should feel so bad about her health. I don't think the Larry Burkett ones sound like a good fit. I'll pm Lyssa though.