PDA

View Full Version : So, where are all my kitchen towels??????

klpmommy
02-27-2009, 09:22 AM
While my MIL was here she caught up on the laundry. And in spite of a few hiccups :sigh I really do appreciate it. However, I cannot find my kitchen towels. I found a few clean ones & some dirty ones, but over half of my kitchen towels are missing. :scratch I am wondering if she decided to throw away all my flannel & cut up t-shirts that we use for rags. :/

I have already had to search the kitchen for a bunch of stuff she put away & have been on a search & rescue mission for other clean clothes.

tigerlily
02-27-2009, 09:24 AM
:doh not what a new mama needs. :hug2

Aisling
02-27-2009, 09:24 AM
:doh :doh

2sunshines
02-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Oh man, Can you call her?

I wonder if she put the cut up stuff somewhere else... Maybe the garage???? Utility room???

liamum
02-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Would she have stored them with the bath towels? Dh sometimes does that here.

TuneMyHeart
02-27-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm still finding laundry in weird places from my mom helping after I had Anna Kate. :giggle She put most of it in the linen closet (including kitchen towels, which go in the kitchen, and baby sheets and burp rags, which go in the nursery).

tigerlily
02-27-2009, 11:21 AM
I seriously thought about labeling all my kitchen cabinets and drawers with diagrams of how pots/pans/dishes fit into cabinets before I had dd2. :shifty

I hate having to reorganize my kitchen b/c of someone else's "help." :O

Shnooky
02-27-2009, 03:59 PM
I seriously thought about labeling all my kitchen cabinets and drawers with diagrams of how pots/pans/dishes fit into cabinets before I had dd2. :shifty

I hate having to reorganize my kitchen b/c of someone else's "help." :O

It doesn't work! I have my linen cupboard and utility cupboards labeled "towels" "washers" "hand towels" "queen sheets" and when DH's mum was here when we had baby she just put stuff away and didn't read the labels... it happened again when we had a family here after Christmas! I then have to go and re arrange my nicely arranged cupboards!

klpmommy
03-05-2009, 02:45 PM
So I called my MIL b/c I also can't find my computer mouse (I use a laptop & don't use the mouse, but when the kids do school on the computer they need the mouse. So I didn't take the mouse to the hospital with me. Now I can't find it.). She had no memory of doing anything with the mouse & told me she put some kitchen towels in the laundry room cabinets. I checked. There were three kitchen towels there. Three. I am missing so many more than that. I have searched & searched. :sigh It looks like I will have to replace some kitchen towels b/c we don't use paper for anything so we go through a lot of towels. :sigh

Aisling
03-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Man, that's my biggest PP frustration: trying to get everything back where it's supposed to be! :hissyfit

I'm saying a prayer that you find everything soon. I think God cares about kitchen towels. :shifty :yes

knitlove
03-05-2009, 03:07 PM
:hug2 I am dreading dealing with that.