PDA

View Full Version : Knitting/ Crochet ministry...

FaroeIslandBabes
02-26-2009, 01:43 PM
My friend started a facebook group for a ministry called 'Knitters with a Mission' (KWAM), yep its under Youth with a Mission (YWAM) ;)

For anyone whos on facebook & loves to knit and/or crochet...thought you may be interested in joining! :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=65504044879

Taedareth
02-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for posting that!

FaroeIslandBabes
02-28-2009, 02:06 AM
no problem, I knew someone here would be interested! :smile

Taedareth
02-28-2009, 10:40 AM
I read the description on the Facebook page and it sounds awesome. (Saving $$ on shipping costs by having YWAM'ers carry the items in their luggage.)

The thing I'm wondering is, do people overseas REALLY need/want hats and scarves, or are we just making these items because it makes us feel good to give them? :think I truly want to know, so please don't think I'm just trying to be annoying :O

FaroeIslandBabes
02-28-2009, 02:56 PM
From what I understand, so far the people who are recieving these hats & scarves are children in orphanages in Eastern European countries. so yeh, I would say needy children in cold climates NEED these items :think some people might be doing it to feel good :shrug who can know whats in someones mind and heart? what theyre motivation is...but this has defeintely become a full blown ministry to serve those in need...do doubt about that ;)

Taedareth
02-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Ok. I was just wondering because they said one batch of warm weather gear was sent to Mexico City... and last time I was there, it was HOT! :giggle

Taedareth
03-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Update: the organizer lady (Judith) answered my questions :yes She says Mexico City is in the mountains and although it's hot in the summer, it does get cold in winter especially at night. And they also send hats/scarves to other countries - just wherever a YWAM team is going :yes

FaroeIslandBabes
03-11-2009, 01:33 AM
:tu Im glad she answered your questions! Its exciting...Im praying about starting a chapter here in the Faroes... :pray4 :heart

ChristmasGirl
04-02-2009, 12:58 PM
i'm interested in this ministry, but I'm not on facebook, and really don't want to be :O is there a way to link up without joining FB? We used to be in ywam, and are still hooked up with friends at the YWAM base here..... :think

FaroeIslandBabes
04-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Susie, I sent my friend a message on FB and asked her where I could direct you to...when she replies I will let you know! :) :heart

ChristmasGirl
04-03-2009, 05:48 AM
thank you :heart

FaroeIslandBabes
04-04-2009, 01:35 AM
Ok, figured it out myself... :giggle heres a link to ywam NY and if you type in KWAM under search it'll pop up! :heart

http://www.ywam-ny.com/

ChristmasGirl
04-04-2009, 01:21 PM
perfect-thanks so much :smile are you doing this Kate?

FaroeIslandBabes
04-04-2009, 02:26 PM
yep, definetly! Im talking to a friend here about starting a chapter together in the Faroe islands...my dh is going to Sierra Leone this fall and there may very well be the first batch of knitted goods going with him. :smile Its exciting...Im looking forward to being more involved with it. Let me know if you have anymore questions...although my friend Emily, who is with YWAM NY, is the one who has all the answers! :heart