PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Your best, but easy, potato soup recipe...

hey mommy
02-25-2009, 11:53 PM
I saw one on here that had bacon in it. I can't eat bacon.

So, any good recipes? I would also like a cheesy potato soup recipe. Thanks!!!!!!

mummy2boys
02-26-2009, 12:00 AM
I don't have one but am :popcorn as it sound slike a good receipe to have!

swimming with sharks
02-26-2009, 06:49 AM
6 potatoes cut up (peeled if you want, I don't)
1 chopped onion
1 tbsp butter
4 c chicken stock (can be veggie stock if you want)
some chopped carrot/celery (I only use if I have)
1 can of evaporated milk
Lots of cheese - I use cheddar

Put potatoes, onions, stock, butter, and other veggies in a pot. I use an electric fry pot (not on the stove). Cook everything until the potatoes are soft (about an hour). Mash up with spoon, can leave chunks or not depending on how you like it. :) Then add the evaporated milk and cheese, don't let it boil after you add those, stir and let cook for about another 5 minutes until cheese melts....*YUM*

now I have to go find whether I have potatoes or not :giggle

JessicaTX
02-26-2009, 06:52 AM
I just sautee garlic and onion in butter, throw in cubed potatoes, pour chicken stock over the top of that and cook it till it's mushy. Smash it up with a whisk, throw a handful or two of cheese in it and put enough milk in it to make it soupy.

Does that count as a recipe?

Mama Calidad
02-26-2009, 07:03 AM
This is my sister's recipe:

Potato cheese soup:
6-8 potatoes peeled and diced
2-3 carrots sliced or chopped
3 celery stalks sliced or chopped(optional)
1 onion chopped (optional)
1 pkg.(8oz) cream cheese softened
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 can cream of chicken soup undiluted
2 cups of milk
salt and pepper to taste.
4 bacon strips fried and crumbled could use bacon bits (optional)

*place potatoes, carrots, celery&onion in large pot cover with water and cook until tender. Meanwhile in large mixing bowl combine cream cheese butter soup mix well. add milk salt pepper & bacon and add all to vegetables and heat through. For a thicker soup drain water before adding cream cheese mixture. (yield 10-12 servings)
*cream of mushroom soup works too
*sometimes I put in sour cream to add more richness
* I usually make this recipe plus half of another to make a huge pot. When I do this I put in both bricks of cream cheese and one of each kinds of soup(crm. chick and crm. mush)

hey mommy
02-26-2009, 08:55 AM
thanks.. They all sound yummy... now to convince C that soup that doesn't come from a can is good to eat too..