PDA

View Full Version : Another Enwrapture skirt question

DragonfliiMama
02-25-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm putting this in here because it's more oriented towards making one. I have some fabric that would be great for it and I've been hanging onto this fabric for probably like 4 years now waiting to find the right project for it. What I don't have is a pattern. It looks like basically just a big rectangle (or 2, 1 slightly smaller than the other) with ties on the ends. Is that really all there is to it? I know the hem is usually kind of flouncy and I'm not sure if I can do that or not but that's a minor detail. If that is really all there is to it, what dimensions should I make it and how long should the ties be? I want to make sure it's big enough. And are there certain ties that are better or worse for a pregnant belly?

Naked Camper
02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
:popcorn

Mama Rophe
02-27-2009, 02:27 PM
They aren't really rectangles. They are shaped more like this, _____
/ \
/_______\ I think it's called a trapezoid???? One shorter than the other. Forgive my ignorance. The ties are made from the same material. They are about 1.5"-2" wide.

DragonfliiMama
02-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Ah, to make it more A-line shaped. :yes Yes, that is trapezoid. So then the question is, how long across the top, how long across the bottom, and how long are each of the ties?

Mama Rophe
02-28-2009, 08:07 AM
I can measure mine for you this weekend.

Mama Rophe
02-28-2009, 11:10 AM
The tie is 108" all the way accross the top, or 37" on each side. The top of the skirt is 51". The bottom of the skirt is 144" long. From the waist to hem it is 34". This is an enwrapture skirt that is ankle length.

liamum
02-28-2009, 11:20 AM
You'll have tp post pictures if you make one :yes

DragonfliiMama
02-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Perfect, thank you. I can adjust the length if needed once I have the angle of the sides. Now the question is when I'll get around to actually doing this. Especially since I think I'll test it out and some plainer fabric before using my fancy stuff.

Mama Rophe
02-28-2009, 11:39 AM
You are very welcome!