PDA

View Full Version : Bookshelves and clutter catchers

geegee
02-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone!I really need help in this are :yesWe are a homeschooling family and we have books everywhere!I need some inexpensive ideas for bookshelves and clutter catchers that are space effcient{maybe some that go in corners and such}.We would like for them to look as nice as possible.Thanks for your help :heart

KatieMae
02-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi geegee :bear I don't think I've seen you in here before :)

So as far as clutter catchers, step one is to de-clutter of course ;) Besides books, what kind of things need a home? Is it homeschool stuff, toys, paperwork?? It's best to define exactly what you want to store before deciding what to put it in, so if you can gather things together in a logical way & look at the volume, that's a good start. Then you can decide if it's something you want hidden (solid-colored or closed-off storage unit) or something that can be seen & still looks nice (clear plastic containers or open shelves.)

If it's stuff for the kids to have access to, I really like the cube system (http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=260294-63605-899&lpage=none) we bought at Lowe's a couple months ago. I have four open cubbies, six with fabric drawers & two have doors added to the front w/ baby-safe catches installed too & that's where I keep messy art supplies (paints, ink pads, glue, glitter, etc.)

I'll watch for your reply & maybe have some ideas on more storage units :popcorn

IslandHome
02-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Not homeschooling, so it's just me with the problem, but books is my major clutter problem as well. So :popcorn for any more ideas.

I have big stacks of books in every room but I guess that's not what you're after :shifty :)

geegee
02-27-2009, 09:04 AM
We are homeschooling so alot of this stuff is books I cant get rid of until all 4 of the kiddies use them.Another thing I have is craft supplies/school supplies.Maybe Ill go to homeschooling and ask to see somebody elses school stuffbut I appreciate any ideas here that anybody has. :heart

ArmsOfLove
02-27-2009, 09:12 AM
If you have an IKEA anywhere near you (even a few hours) it's worth the drive :yes We bought Billy bookcases and on a few of them we put glass doors that are now our photo display :heart Behind them is all the clutter of our homeschooling--and they line up so that they can go around corners. It's a whole odd wall in our living room.

geegee
02-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Im not sure what what those letters stand for.Could you clearify please?Thanks :heart

KatieMae
02-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Ooo! Just saw this & thought of you geegee :)

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/february-jumpstart-2009-entries/how-to-make-a-hanging-book-display-megans-february-jumpstart-project-2009-077231?image_id=3151

illinoismommy
02-27-2009, 05:28 PM
If you have an IKEA anywhere near you (even a few hours) it's worth the drive :yes We bought Billy bookcases and on a few of them we put glass doors that are now our photo display :heart Behind them is all the clutter of our homeschooling--and they line up so that they can go around corners. It's a whole odd wall in our living room.

I agree, we are waiting to get IKEA Billy bookcases. You have to see them in the store because the online pictures aren't so great, but here are some http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/range/10364/11683/ -- We want to get the ones that have the cabinet doors on the bottom so I can hide some things. :shifty