PDA

View Full Version : Good garden plans?

April G
02-24-2009, 04:03 PM
I am looking for a good organic veggie/flower garden combo. I want something that will combine plants that naturally deter pests, and promotes good growth. Does anyone know of any good resources like this online?

canadiyank
02-24-2009, 07:38 PM
My favourite sites for any stuff like that are www.organicgardening.com and www.gardengatemagazine. Garden Gate has lots of planning ideas in their magazine with specific layouts and plant choices. I find that helpful, even if I'm not going to use the exact ideas. HTH!

Herbwifemama
02-24-2009, 07:39 PM
I like the book great garden companions for stuff like that. I don't know if you're looking for ideas, or an actual plan, but the book has both. :)

MamaPepper
02-24-2009, 07:39 PM
I wonder if my apt. complex would let me till up a plot of soil right outside of my patio :think

RiverRock
02-25-2009, 01:24 PM
I just bought, Organic Gardening: The essential guide to growing flowers, fruit and vegetables the natural way, by Geoff Hamilton. It has a lot of topics (including pest deterents) with drawings and colour photos. It seems well suited to gardening in our part of the world. :tu

April G
02-25-2009, 02:21 PM
I just bought, Organic Gardening: The essential guide to growing flowers, fruit and vegetables the natural way, by Geoff Hamilton. It has a lot of topics (including pest deterents) with drawings and colour photos. It seems well suited to gardening in our part of the world. :tu

Cool! I'm going to see if our library has that one.