PDA

View Full Version : how do you clean toys?

mommylove
02-24-2009, 12:16 PM
I have a bunch of toys that need to be cleaned. I've been planning to use my standard spray bottle with cloth & wipe down, but I have to admit, that Clorox commerical about soaking toys to sanitize spoke to my lazy side. :giggle No, I'm not going to use bleach, so I'm wondering what should I use & in what proportions to soak my toys without the chemicals? Vinegar, peroxide, TTO? Soap & water & a sponge?

TIA.

ETA: I also have a bunch of stuffed animals that were given to us used. Dryer only, or washer & dryer?

KatieMae
02-24-2009, 12:29 PM
I wash & dry stuffed animals. Other toys - if it can go in the dishwasher (in other words, no openings/holes & made of plastic) I put it in there. Otherwise I use my standard cleaning cloths, which are just microfiber clothes soaked in diluted all-purpose cleaner (using biokleen at the moment.) Sanitizing isn't a big deal to me - thus, no bleach :sick - but I do like things to be clean on the surface.

Aisling
02-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Truly, if it's just us and there's no visible "goo" on the toy, there's not really a reason to sanitize. We're all immune to our own germs, and even if someone has a cold/illness, by the time I get around to sanitizing them, the germs have already died off anyway. ;)