PDA

View Full Version : Pee on the couch

RosalieMarie
02-24-2009, 05:05 AM
How do I get pee smell out of the couch? I'm talking FULL bladder child pee....on my 2 month old couch. :/

Psyche
02-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Remove the cover and wash on warm, dry on low.

The cushion part I'd wash with white vinegar and water and let it out in the sun, if you have sun to dry.

Naked Camper
02-24-2009, 05:13 AM
another option would be bac out or a similar product :shrug

RosalieMarie
02-24-2009, 05:15 AM
There is no cover. :( The fabric is that microsuede stuff... can I use vinegar on that?

Psyche
02-24-2009, 05:16 AM
IDK.

IF you can (probably google), you might also be able to sprinkle baking soda on it after it dries and let it sit for a while, then vaccum it up.

BlessedBlue
02-24-2009, 05:27 AM
another option would be bac out or a similar product :shrug

Bac Out works really, really well for this. Cleaned a large toddler pee area on our carpet in military housing - and it didn't even show up with the black light! :tu

or

If it is still damp, get some dry towels. First. Take the cushion off the couch, put a folded towel on the wet area, and dance/jump/step on top of it. Seriously. Your weight will squeeze the damp out of the cushion and into the towel. Remove towel, check cushion. If still damp, either refold towel to get a new dry spot, or use a new towel. Do the dance again.

Once you feel that you've gotten all the damp out of it, then you can saturate it with whatever cleaning solution you think is safe for the microsuede. A quick google search seems to indicate that vinegar is safe. I would use 1 part vinegar to 1 part water in a spray bottle (great all purpose cleaner!). Then with fresh towels do the dance of cleaning again until most of the dampness is again sopped up. The couch will smell a little vinegary for a day but that will dissipate.

BTW, toddlers love to help jump on couch cushions. :shifty

Maggirayne
02-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Or dampen with water and sprinkle Borax, then vacuum.

I'm curious what ends up working. Um, don't know if Borax is safe for microsuede.