PDA

View Full Version : Have you blessed your home yet today?

PurpleButterfly
02-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I haven't! :O But I'm off to do so now, won't you join me? :cool Maybe you've got dishes in the sink and no dinner plans, or need to vacuum or sweep. Maybe your bathroom needs a little shine and polish. Or you need to throw a load of laundry in the wash. Pick one thing, just one for now, and go to it! If you feel like continuing, great, if not, you will feel better knowing you did at least one thing today to bless your home and family, your greatest ministry! :grouphug :heart

Ali
02-23-2009, 11:44 AM
I have been deep cleaning my tile floor. I have been doing as much as I can each day and now I have just one more section left! I'm off to finish it up!

charla
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I've just finished up my meal plan for the week and will now start on my grocery list.

Wonder Woman
02-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I've spent the last 6 hours working to bring $$ in - my dh thinks that's a blessing :shifty (And he has the day off for a blizzard, so I can WAHM all day in peace. Which I should be doing right now, not surfing GCM, so bye :shifty)

PurpleButterfly
02-23-2009, 12:12 PM
:cheer Go, mamas! Okay, I'm outta here for real now! :kiss3

RiverRock
02-23-2009, 12:14 PM
I started my day by collecting laundry (now about to put in the 3rd load) and then put a stew in the crockpot for dinner. I had boiled eggs in the fridge so I made them into devilled eggs (is there another term for those? I sure would like to know if there is...) because if anyone refuses the stew at dinner I want another protein to offer them lest they fill up on bread! Then I noticed I had 3 dozen eggs in the fridge for I boiled another dozen for another day. I also have a plan for tomorrows dinner which is half the battle, right? I need to go out in an hour to take dk to piano, then Oma's house where they will stay so I can get a few errands done. I think that will give me just enough time to make a nice lunch for dh since he is working on the farm today and will appreciate something hot and comforting. My house is clean enough because we hosted a b'day party yesterday and things have a way of being tidied and cleaned more than usual when we expect company. :) I feel like I've started my day with blessing my home and family! :smile

PurpleButterfly
02-23-2009, 05:56 PM
WTG, Jessica! Funny, I boiled eggs (for tuna/egg salad) and made a crock pot roast yesterday! :giggle And we call deviled eggs, "angel eggs" around my house, cause they're heavenly delicious. :grin :yum

iburnbrownies
02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
This is good motivation for this preggo mama right now! :)

Today I did 5 loads of laundry and only have one left to fold (it is the dryer - I will fold it while I watch House tonight) and I made Rice Krispie squares with L :shifty (don't hate me for loving marshmellows) and I made Nasi Goering for supper (an Indonesian rice dish thingie that we all like)

Less than usual, but not bad. L had swimming lessons this morning, so we were out, and then I had to drop off some fundraising froms from the PTA (I am on the committee) to the store that is hosting the fundraiser, so we were actually out most of the morning.

I am going to boil eggs now for egg salad for lunches tomorrow. :yum Mmmm....dh will love it!

RiverRock
02-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Angel eggs sounds good! That's what I'll call them. My kids won't know any different because I usually don't call then anything in particular...I evade!

Nasi Goering. Yumm! Are you Dutch? The only people I know who make it from scratch are Dutch. Me, I used to order it at Earl's all the time! :yum

iburnbrownies
02-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Nasi Goering. Yumm! Are you Dutch? The only people I know who make it from scratch are Dutch. Me, I used to order it at Earl's all the time! :yum

:yes my background is Dutch, although I was born and live in Canada! Dh's family was more dutch still then mine as they were later immigrants. He still speaks it actually - it was his mother tongue.

Good detective work! ;) and it is super easy to make - it is one of my "easy" suppers actually.

Can'tTurnLeft
02-23-2009, 07:22 PM
I steam cleaned my carpet in my living room today!

charla
02-23-2009, 09:41 PM
and I made Nasi Goering for supper (an Indonesian rice dish thingie that we all like)

How about a recipe in the cookbook forum? ;)

iburnbrownies
02-24-2009, 05:11 AM
sure! :yes

RiverRock
02-24-2009, 10:54 AM
I'll look for the recipe, too. :)

mummy2boys
02-24-2009, 04:27 PM
I need this today....I don't feel much like doing anything lately and I certainly don't feel like I minister to my family at home much :cry Will go and find something for dinner now. THanks