PDA

View Full Version : I got the BEST compliment.....

Ima LeShalosh
02-21-2009, 08:32 AM
My cousin has not been in my home in several years. Since he was in my home last, we have gone completely organic, no chemicals, etc. My cousin was actually the "reason" I woke up. His 2yo daughter sneaked out of bed in the middle of the night and got into their cleaners. She swallowed toilet bowl cleaner and was hospitalized for over a week. She has permanent damage down her esophagus and developed asthma after that. Before that month was over, I had our house cleaned out of all chemicals. It has been almost 2years since that happened.

I always tease that my goal is to have my house smell like our local health food store. I LOVE the smell in there..it is so soothing and clean and...organic :giggle When my cousin walked into my bathroom, he came out and said "That is one earthy crunchy smelling bathroom...it smells like the health food store...your house smells very...umm...organic" :rockon

I tell ya..I was beaming from ear to ear :grin

simplegirl
02-21-2009, 08:39 AM
:rockon Yea for you!!!!!!! I hope to be at that point someday!

PurpleButterfly
02-21-2009, 08:48 AM
I love that smell! I try to recreate it with unburned Nag Champa everywhere. :rockon :heart

Rea T
02-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Now I'm going to look like a loon today, walking around the health food store and sniffing trying to figure out exactly how it DOES smell. :giggle

Niphredil
02-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Okay, I need to visit your HFS... cause mine smells like... :sick I dread going in there.

Joyful Melissa
02-21-2009, 09:02 AM
:rockon So what do you use?

ShiriChayim
02-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Yes, do tell us!!! Kimberly's carpet cleaner has just about convinced me make my own cleaners.

Proverbs31
02-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Yes, do tell us!!! Kimberly's carpet cleaner has just about convinced me make my own cleaners.

ooh, would you mind sharing the carpet cleaner? the ones I've found at WF don't work too well

Ima LeShalosh
02-21-2009, 02:22 PM
:rockon So what do you use?
I think it must be my cleaner I make. It is vinegar, water, Lavender, Rosemary, Sweet Orange and Lemon. I have a pretty stocked herbal cupboard and I think that helps to "flavor" my home as well :yes