PDA

View Full Version : housewarming party

greendelight
02-18-2009, 11:48 AM
So, we've bought a house and we're all moved in. Hooray!

Now, we want to have a housewarming party. I think we'll call it an Open House because I think housewarming party makes people think they must bring gifts.

Here's where I need help...
1. I want an invitation with a hip or cute quote or poem. I've googled and come up with a few, but if you have any more ideas, please, please post them!

2. What do I need to throw this party together??? I'm thinking the party should start at 7 so I don't have to do a full meal. What should I serve?

Any and all help is appreciated!!!

simplegirl
02-18-2009, 11:55 AM
We're getting ready to move and I also want to have a housewarming b/c our new house is great for hosting :rockon (I'm so excited, can you tell?!). I was thinking that ours might be 4-6ish on the weekend. We're still working around naps and early bedtimes so I think that time will work best. I plan on having snacks/appetizers: artichoke dip, hummus, crackers, chips, maybe veggie tray, fruit trays, and I was thinking of getting those frozen mini eclairs -i'm sure they're horrible for you but are soooo delicious. I'm not sure about the invite. Our house is very decorated in 70s and 80s. We were going to have a themed-retro party and even invite the guests to wear appropriate clothing...but we decided to pull out the fuscia and forest green carpet and lay hardwood flooring down *before* we move in so not sure anymore. My sis even suggested a "Life On Mars" party....thought it was funny! Have fun and congrats on your move!