PDA

View Full Version : My washer broke... now what?

blossomnatalia
02-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Top or front loader? Please help me make a good decision, I have never had to buy one before.

What do you suggest? brands?

blossomnatalia
02-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Nobody?

This is what I am looking on right now? any thoughts on that one?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7688898&type=product&id=1138083504193

crunchymum
02-19-2009, 10:56 PM
that looks nice... just don't get an LG TROMM. ;) i love the large capacity, though!

Rabbit
02-19-2009, 10:59 PM
It all comes down to your price range.

blossomnatalia
02-20-2009, 08:37 AM
that looks nice... just don't get an LG TROMM. ;) i love the large capacity, though!

What is wrong with the LG Tromm? Just curious...

Well I bought it last night... will pick it up tomorrow probably. I needed to get something! This is definitely more than I ever wished to spend on a washer but after debating in my head forever... I think in the long run the front loader will be a better choice... (I hope :shifty)
This one didn't look all fancy and stayed pretty basic.... I trust Whirlpool and they are made in the US. :shrug (plus it was on sale and I saved $100)

Anyway... I hope I did good.... :nails
Ever since we have been trying to get out of debt, we have been hit by all kinds of stuff breaking down... Car, oven, me (went to the ER when I had the flu), and now the washer..... :phew. At least I am thankful we have been able to pay for all of this cash... except the medical bill that we are working on....

joystrength
02-20-2009, 08:49 AM
I hope you enjoy the new washer.

I just have to say ... I thought this thread said, "My WATER broke, now what??"

I thought, "Didn't she JUST have a baby??" :P~ :giggle :giggle

Enjoy!! (the baby and the washer!!) :heart

blossomnatalia
02-20-2009, 10:29 AM
I hope you enjoy the new washer.

I just have to say ... I thought this thread said, "My WATER broke, now what??"

I thought, "Didn't she JUST have a baby??" :P~ :giggle :giggle

Enjoy!! (the baby and the washer!!) :heart

:haha That is FUNNY!

I see birth related messages everywhere when I am driving... :shifty :lol

crunchymum
02-25-2009, 09:29 AM
:giggle

the LG TROMM is the washer i have, and it's causing a whole heap of trouble... there's a class action lawsuit going on against them. :/ i think the drain holes are too small or something... anyway, my clothes get stinky and dingy. i love the large capacity, though. have fun with your new washer!

http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/4.gif

MamaCare
02-25-2009, 09:36 AM
I just ended up getting a GE front loader, though when I entered the store I was convinced I'd get a top loader for dipes. There was a floor model on sale, though, that not only had a great discount, I get an energy star rebate of $100 plus a tax credit of $150, so it ended up being cheaper than the top loaders!! It's *huge* compared to my last washer (3.5 cf) and it has a sanitize option where it super heats the water! So far I've only done one load of dipes, but they came out *so* clean!! :rockon

2sunshines
02-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Yea, I'm scared of front loaders because of the diaper laundry thing. I've just heard too many stories. So I'm anxious to hear your review. :yes We'll be in the market for a new machine in the near future.

blossomnatalia
02-25-2009, 10:03 AM
i only did a couple loads in it so far. I love it!

No dipes YET but soon.... (I hate that I can't dump them into it anymore... :doh)
i will let you know when I wash them... shouldn't be too much longer...