PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good liquid auto dishwasher detergent?

ShangriLewis
02-17-2009, 12:52 PM
My mom gave me some super cascade stuff when we moved in. It removes everything, but it makes me sick (the bleach I'm guessing).

She doesn't want us to use powdered detergents. I'm using Trader Joes right now, but I think it would be cheaper to buy from Amazon.

NovelMama
02-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Our dishwasher repair man said that you should only use powder in dishwashers and only use liquid in washing machines. Is there a reason she doesn't want you using powder?

BeckaBlue
02-17-2009, 06:35 PM
:popcorn
i use palmolive eco or liquid soapnuts

Lady TS
02-17-2009, 06:52 PM
I have extensive allergies, and the regular stuff you can buy at Walmart or Meijer would really bug me. Walmart did have a brand of those gelpacks that was more natural, but I wasn't nearly as happy with those as I am the Earth Friendly Products Wave Auto Dishwasher Detergent I got from the health food store. Granted, it costs like $7-8 a box or so, and it smells like lavender coming out of the box, BUT it doesn't stink up the house like the other kinds(except the natural kind from Walmart) AND as long as I remember to keep the Jet-dry dispenser filled with vinegar, it washes pretty good! I haven't had to switch off between the conventional stuff and the natural stuff like I was having to do with the more natural Walmart brand.

AttachedMamma
02-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Our dishwasher repair man said that you should only use powder in dishwashers and only use liquid in washing machines. Is there a reason she doesn't want you using powder?

I'd be curious to know the reasons behind that. I was under the impression that it's best to use liquid in both b/c of dissolvability (is that a word?). But I sure would like to do what's best for my machines. We usually use Trader Joe's or Whole Foods liquid for our dw. :)

cindi

ShangriLewis
02-19-2009, 03:07 PM
She doesn't want powders to cake her pipes. Her house, her choice. She lets me live her for cheap and she plays with my kids :giggle

cobluegirl
02-19-2009, 03:09 PM
does Shaklee have one?

ShangriLewis
02-20-2009, 10:16 AM
does Shaklee have one?

Just a powder.

Quiteria
02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
from what I've heard, the liquid actually gunks things up worse...but we've lived with family before, and ITU... :hug