PDA

View Full Version : where do you buy outdoor curtains, cheap? ADVICE NEEDED ON OTHER STUFF TOO

poleidopy
02-16-2009, 11:45 AM
just wondering. DH & I are building a pergola after we finish building the fence today, and I would love to have curtains on it, like this (http://www.hgtv.com/home-improvement/build-a-pergola-for-a-deck-or-patio/index.html) one. :heart :rockon But I don't know where to buy outdoor sheers, or how much they will be. :doh

Also, we don't have much money-it all went to the fence, but we were lucky to already have the pergola materials in our garage. SO...where do I buy them, cheap? ALso, what color do you think we should paint the pergola? DH wants it to be white, but I want to go for something bold and Island-y, like bright orange or yellow with coordinating sheers. Oh yeah, and why can't I just use inside sheers? I already have like 6 that are navy blue that I am not using. (Of course I wouldn't paint the pergola orange if I used the navy blue sheers...) :giggle

bliss
02-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Just thinking (never a good idea, I know...) could the outdoor ones be water-resistant somehow? Could you use indoor ones and spray them with waterproofing stuff? (Like for tents, yk?) White with navy curtains would be peaceful and pretty.

KatieMae
02-16-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't think I've ever seen "outdoor sheers" - I think they're just regular fabric that you need to bring inside when it rains, OR wash them after a rain so they don't rot (which, you could do with the sheers you already have :tu)

scottishthistle
02-17-2009, 09:00 AM
I've never seen outdoor curtains but I have seen outdoor blinds. Could you paint funky scenes on outdoor blinds? that might be way cool

scottishthistle
02-17-2009, 09:00 AM
I've heard hemp fabric doesn't mildew

doubleblessings
02-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I don't know if they have sheer ones, but might use a fabric shower curtain liner (http://www.amazon.com/Fabric-Anti%252dMildew-Shower-Curtain-Liner/dp/B000EYCZGE/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_ttl_ex). I am not sure what they are? :shrug