PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!!! Major Ink Stains...

MamaCare
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM
My 4 year old just inked (black, stamp-refill ink) my couch, my carpet, herself, her brother, the wall.... the list goes on. So far, after an hour of scrubbing, I've got most of it cleaned up. The clothes are going in the trash. The kids are only marginally stained. The carpet, on the other hand, has purplish spots all over, and the couch upholstery is totally stained w/black spots. (Yes, this is one of the very few pieces of *real* furniture we own.)

I had a very bad mommy moment.... and said lots of words I shouldn't have. But I didn't hit her, though I *really* wanted to. So that's good.

Now... how in the world can I get the stains out??????

Rabbit
02-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Slip covers and area rugs? :hiding

Charlie U
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I've had marginal success with hair spray. Spray some on, let it soak for a while and blot with a dry cloth or paper towel. Repeat as needed. :hugheart

righteous mama
02-10-2009, 09:40 PM
I've used peroxide and dealt with the bleaching action that happens. I'd rather have light spots in the carpet, than giant ink stains.

I did get ink out of clothes with straight Basic H, but it's something you order so it won't help you right away. I was really surprised that it worked.

Quiteria
02-10-2009, 09:47 PM
I've had marginal success with hair spray. Spray some on, let it soak for a while and blot with a dry cloth or paper towel. Repeat as needed. :hugheart
rubbing alcohol for this...it is hard to get it all, but it does act as a solvent

tbh...Natalie has a good idea after you try cleaning for a while. :hugheart Really...it takes a lot of alcohol or alcohol-based hairspray, and usually leaves faint rings... :sigh Blot from the ouside of each spot inward toward the center, to minimize speading the stains. Maybe a shop vac to quickly suck up the liquid after you pour some alcohol on the stain?

luvinmykidz
02-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Resolve carpet stain cleaner has worked for us :rockon