PDA

View Full Version : agh! I used Downy and now I regret it. Help?

Havilah
02-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm so annoyed with myself. :/

I haven't used Downy in years... way pre-kid. There was just something about this tummy bug (that lasted a WEEK :sick) that inspired me to put a little April Freshness in my wash. Well, now Victoria has been itching for two days and I just put it together. :doh She's been walking around half naked because she's so itchy, but she has no rash at all. Is it likely to be from the Downy without a rash? I'm assuming so... interested in BTDT, though. ;)

So is there any special washing routine that will get it out faster? I know it's the dickens to get out of cloth diapers. :(

Thankfully she only wore jammies during the illness, so most of her clothes are Downy-free. All of our sheets, blankets, comforters and pj's are April Fresh, though.

I was so sweetly nostalgic about the smell, too... even though I knew all the fumes were bad for us. *wistful sigh*

Ali
02-08-2009, 09:25 PM
I have done this to get fabric softener build-up out of towels. Maybe it will help!
http://www.ehow.com/how_2272815_remove-fabric-softener-buildup-from.html

Set your washing machine to a hot wash cycle and add the amount of detergent as directed by the brand you use. Add the towels to the washing machine and close the door.

Pour about a half cup of white vinegar into the fabric softener dispenser. Make sure you have cleaned out any softener residue before you do this. You can also wait until the rinse cycle starts and add the vinegar directly to the rinse cycle.

You can also soak them in Epsom salts.