PDA

View Full Version : Would you get van carpet professionally cleaned or buy a bissel?

RubySlippers
02-04-2009, 05:55 PM
It costs about $120-160 to get van carpeting professionally cleaned.
Would you do that or buy a carpet cleaner for several hundred that would pay for itself in the long run?
What do you do? What kind would you get? :think

MarynMunchkins
02-04-2009, 06:40 PM
We have the Bissel 2x Pro thingie - the one that heats the water.

I end up needing to use it for something or other at least once a month, so it's totally worth it to own one. I just use water and vinegar in it, and it works great. :tu

Lily
02-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Totally worth it to buy a machine. It pays for itself the first time! I end up using my steam vac at least twice a month - if not weekly.

RiverRock
02-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Time is a big issue for me when it comes to steam cleaning carpets in the house. We have an upright Bissel with all the attachments (upholstry, floor), but after 2 years the upholstry part stopped working and we haven't used it as much since. It is easier for me to pay someone to come into my home and do the works all in one morning. It takes enough of my energy just to prep the rooms, and then get the stuff back into place the next day. If I were to do it again I would just buy a smaller machine that only works on upholstry...which might end up costing the same amount as getting your car detailed once. In a nutshell, I wouldn't get the big machine, just something for spot cleaning.

Iarwain
02-05-2009, 11:27 AM
I have the little Bissel for upholstery. It was around $100 and the one I have has an onboard heat booster. It would work fine for a van, possibly better than a big machine because there's so many little areas that would have to be done by hand anyway. That would cost less than having it done professionally and you'd still have it to use next time. I haven't used it on my van yet (waiting for spring!) but I use it all the time on mattresses and my living room futons. It's really handy for when stuff get spilled or whatever.

Marielle
02-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I would buy the machine to do it myself but I would buy the Hoover instead of the Bissell. We've had both and prefer the hoover.

2sunshines
02-05-2009, 01:02 PM
We bought a machine and it was SO worth it. I seriously don't know how we'd live without it. I use it too regularly when the kids end up throwing up or peeing on the carpet.

Lily
02-05-2009, 03:40 PM
I would buy the machine to do it myself but I would buy the Hoover instead of the Bissell. We've had both and prefer the hoover.

Completely agree!!