PDA

View Full Version : Don't wait too long to clean your oven

WI Mama05
02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
I did this time :sick.

:O The last two times I've used it it smoked so I sprayed it (the self clean isn't working) and went to wipe it out hours later and it's STILL caked on. I think the turkey I made from Thanksgiving leaked out of the pan and splattered fat everywhere and everything else has just glued to the top of it.

I'd rather just get a new stove than clean that oven, but I guess I'll have to get to scrubbing!

luvinmykidz
02-04-2009, 05:39 PM
:hug2 :sick :shifty

amstermarie
02-04-2009, 05:51 PM
sigh.. right there w/ you momma.. mine is smoking, the fire alarm went off when i opened it.. :O

Rabbit
02-04-2009, 05:53 PM
There's a simple method for that kind of carbon coating. Spray down with water, coat liberally with baking soda, wet that down, too, then leave it over night until it's dry. Scrape up the baking soda, and up comes the gross stuff with it. (A plastic putty knife and the vacuum cleaner came in handy last time I did that.)

WI Mama05
02-04-2009, 05:55 PM
There's a simple method for that kind of carbon coating. Spray down with water, coat liberally with baking soda, wet that down, too, then leave it over night until it's dry. Scrape up the baking soda, and up comes the gross stuff with it. (A plastic putty knife and the vacuum cleaner came in handy last time I did that.)

sa-weet! if I can sneak away from baby I'll do that tonight and deal with it tomorrow!