PDA

View Full Version : IKEA Sofabed? (Beddinge)

RealLifeMama
02-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Does anyone have one of those sofabeds from IKEA?
Is it really any different from a futon?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=beddinge

We don't have an IKEA here, so I can't go see one in person. All the options make my head spin!

RiverRock
02-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I considered buying this for our rec. room. We no longer have a guest room and I thought this could work in a pinch. I think they used to have a dark brown cover option. It is comfy to sit on and folds out to be a double bed....possiby a short double. :scratch

knitlove
02-04-2009, 04:13 PM
it has a different cushion/mattress than a futon. the Ikea is a foam mattress, futons are normally all cotton so they weight a tun and don't squish much.

me
02-13-2009, 05:30 PM
:popcorn
i was thinking of getting one for the girls room. we just might make a trip out to an ikea. ill let you know when we do or let us know if you get one :)

Ali
02-13-2009, 06:01 PM
We have one.  We've had it for years and love it!  I have slept on it and it's quite comfortable.  Our guests say it's great, too.  I love the foam mattress since it is light-weight and doesn't smoosh over time.  It's as firm and well shaped now as it was new.  I also love that I can buy different covers for it at IKEA and give it a new look it I want to.  They are a little bit different shape, but I can stretch regular full-size fitted sheets onto it when using it as a bed.  It's been through 2 moves and held up.  It's very sturdy.  The only thing is I always forget how to fold and unfold it, so it takes me forever to remember!  I need to just practice over and over one of these days and get it straight in my head! It's very easy to do once I do remember! :lol