PDA

View Full Version : Update on my garden.

Hermana Linda
02-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Well, I've pretty much neglected my garden. I have a pot of cilantro and a pot of spinach doing well. My beet seedlings are dying for lack of water. :bag I still need to pull up my dead zucchini and beans.

The odd part is that my green onions are still thriving. I was letting them get bigger with the hope that they would turn into onions. They got as big as leeks and then split into sets. Now I have 4 or more where I used to have one. :rockon

I also have a pepper plant which I planted late as it was a gift. It is finally bearing fruit. :/ I guess it thinks spring is here. It has been pretty warm in the day time, but it's chilly at night. :shrug My other pepper plant died, I think from lack of water since it was in a pot. :bag

Oh, and the strawberry plants are doing fine. They have started flowering. I no longer have 5 strawberry plants, I now have a strawberry bed. :mrgreen.

Firebird Rising
02-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Wow, good job. I have just started thinking about garden here and made a huge cold frame out of my garden, covering with plastic and planted lettuce, chard, and onions. I also started a TON of stuff in six-packs, hoping it was warm enough in the cold frames to get them going. I'm probably overly excited, but I just wanted to "try" at least.

It's been warm here too, mid-upper 60s.

Jen D>

canadiyank
02-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I have to start cleaning up my beds and I can probably spread some lettuce seeds out. My cilantro has been wanting to grow but it keeps frosting around here.

mom2threegirls
02-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Wow! You must live somewhere warm, Linda :heart. For neglecting it you sure have a lot going on in it for February!

It's too cold for me to do much with my garden right now, unfortunately. I had lettuce and spinach going out there but we've had so much snow that I pretty much gave up on it. Looking forward to getting starts going soon, though! :mrgreen I can't WAIT to get my strawberry bed going :yum. I've been debating whether I should plant some fruit trees too since this is the right time of year :think.

allisonintx
02-03-2009, 10:54 AM
YAY! I'm glad someone is tending their garden. I've GOT to get ON that here.

Hermana Linda
02-03-2009, 03:14 PM
:giggle If you can call what I do tending. *snicker*

Carrie, I live in SoCal where it has been getting into the 70's and even sometimes the 80's. Just a normal Los Angeles February. :shrug3

katiekind
02-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Just a normal Los Angeles February :shrug3.
Somebody throw something at her. :giggle