PDA

View Full Version : How do you organize hair clips & hair ties?

hey mommy
01-30-2009, 11:26 PM
I have tons that I need to organize, but we have no drawer space for them. Any ideas? our bathroom is tiny, so there aren't many options..

RiverRock
01-31-2009, 10:35 AM
I have a drawer devoted to hair brushes, sprays and accessories. I have the accessories divided into 3 hinge-lidded plastic containers from Ikea (pony tail holders, barrettes and headbands). If you don't have a drawer to devote, I have seen people use hanging 3-tiered fruit/vegetable baskets in a corner above the counter. Another option is to use an over the door "shoe" organizer to hold a variety of items.

AmyDoll
01-31-2009, 10:36 AM
I have a box. I've seen clips on a ribbon & think that's pretty & you can cover a paper towel tube in pretty contact paper & slip bands on that :think

hey mommy
01-31-2009, 10:41 AM
No drawer, no door, no room for a plastic container. Seriously. hmmm. maybe a paper towel holder on the wall w/the paper towel tube for the hair ties. The clips, I don't know..

mamaKristin
01-31-2009, 10:45 AM
All my DD's hair stuff is in a cute basket, with smaller organizers inside the basket. The organizers are "drawer organizers" I picked up in the kitchen section. One organizer for clips, one for regular elastics, one for "pretty" elastics, another for "fancy clips". Their brushes and comb tuck in there too.

HummusDip
01-31-2009, 01:08 PM
I just put them all in a large ziplock baggie.

RiverRock
01-31-2009, 02:01 PM
What about a small shelf on the wall, possibly with hooks so some things can be hung (or bags of some sort can be hung with different items in each bag).

Garland
01-31-2009, 02:20 PM
I put my daughter's into a basket and keep it on the bathroom counter. Almost all of hers are from Gymboree which came on little cards. I keep the cards and use them to put the barrettes on them. That way, the matching one is always easy to find.

mommylove
02-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I have 2 little tupperware-type containers -- one for ponytail holders & one for barrettes. Mine live in a drawer, but since you don't have one, the others have given good suggestions already.

Heather R
02-02-2009, 10:52 AM
I took an 8 x 10 picture frame, covered the glass with batting and pretty fabric, and then used coordinating ribbons (glued from the back). So the ribbons make vertical lines on the fabric. Put the glass (now covered with fabric and ribbons) back in the frame, and voila! A very pretty clip holder that you hang on the wall. In addition to ribbons, I used some pretty cording to attach butterfly type clips to.

If you want a picture, let me know...

Heather

Shining Light
02-03-2009, 08:39 AM
I remember when I was a kid that my mom would keep all my clips/barrettes on a braid made from yarn. You would just use a bunch of yarn to make something like a pretend ponytail, tie off the top with a pretty ribbon or something and trim the bottom ends so it hangs like hair, braid it, and tie of the bottom. Hang it on the wall and clip and tie everything on it that you can. It won't help with the bands, though.

Does that make sense?

greenjellysnakes
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I took an 8 x 10 picture frame, covered the glass with batting and pretty fabric, and then used coordinating ribbons (glued from the back). So the ribbons make vertical lines on the fabric. Put the glass (now covered with fabric and ribbons) back in the frame, and voila! A very pretty clip holder that you hang on the wall. In addition to ribbons, I used some pretty cording to attach butterfly type clips to.

If you want a picture, let me know...

Heather

Sounds cute! I might do something like this for DD's room. I want to see a picture :yes