PDA

View Full Version : got rid of over 100lbs of stuff today

LadybugSam
01-29-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm feeling surprizingly good about it too.

My mom was having a yard sale to help her pay a bill that is coming due. I found out about this half an hour after i was talking to a friend on the phone about how much i hated having all this stuff and how i needed to purge my closets.

Perfect timing. i told my mom that if she can't sell any of the stuff, to donate it to a certain thrift store in town.

I got rid of Caleb's old crib, a moses basket, 1 large bag of bedding, a stroller, 1 box of baby toys, tons of kid clothes, and a yard gym thing.

Lots and lots of stuff. I feel like i just took all of it off my back. I feel lighter.

Its kind of hard to get rid of all the baby stuff, but who am i kidding, if by some miracle i get pregnant, i'm going to be buying tons of new stuff for the new baby and probably won't even want to use the stuff i had in storage. And no need to save all caleb's old clothes. 5 years worth of clothes is a LOT. I only saved one small back of the sentimental outfits that i loved instead of everything that was still in good condition

Heather Micaela
01-30-2009, 03:29 AM
:rockon

CakeLady
01-30-2009, 01:45 PM
I feel "lighter" too when I get rid of a bunch of stuff. :rockon

appalachiamama
01-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Wow! Congratulations! It is so freeing both homekeeping-wise and heart-wise to eliminate clutter from your life. After an attempted home birth, I gave away my birth kit to someone who needed it and it really helped me to come full circle.