PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy glass water jugs?

Amythestmama
01-27-2009, 10:26 AM
:shrug Anybody? I want to get a water purification system with our income tax refund and I need some glass jugs- gallon sized or half gallon sized to keep water in the fridge in. Any recomendations for jugs and systems? Thanks! :)

mommylove
01-27-2009, 01:03 PM
I can't vouch for this company, but here are some . . . and for a great price. http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=27 The downside is the cost of shipping & the minimum order is 4 jars. Do you know anyone who'd want to split the order with you?

4MKfam
01-27-2009, 01:05 PM
We use 1/2 gallon mason jars :shrug. They're kind of hard to find in some places, though.
As to systems, if I were buying one, I'd get a Berkey.

Blue Aurora
01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Someone said (here maybe) they bought apple juice in the big glass jug and then used that for water.

cindergretta
01-27-2009, 11:37 PM
:think Seems like I saw some glass jugs at Bed, Bath, & Beyond last week.... (Don't hold me to that, but I seem to recall seeing them there.)

emmalouise
01-27-2009, 11:40 PM
We bought ours from Ikea but it doesn't have a cover.

mommylove
01-28-2009, 08:51 AM
:think Seems like I saw some glass jugs at Bed, Bath, & Beyond last week.... (Don't hold me to that, but I seem to recall seeing them there.)

Yep, they've got 'em (lids & no lids) and so does WalMart. The lidded ones (yeah, I bought one) will hold a can of frozen concentrate juice with 4+ containers of water added. I have no idea how many ounces that is & I'm too lazy to figure out how many ounces is in a can (12?) The one at WalMart was around $5 give or take a little.