PDA

View Full Version : Kool-aid out of the carpet?

ShiriChayim
01-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Am I doomed? It's red, and the powder was spilled directly onto my carpet :crazy2

charla
01-27-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm sorry about your carpet. You might want to try klpmommy's miracle carpet cleaner. It works really well almost like an eraser. I used it on a tomato-based stain and it took it right out. I hope it will help you. Here's her recipe and directions:

try my miracle stain remover for carpets. It is amazing!!!! Try in an unobvious area first, it has never bleached my beige carpets, but it did clean one spot so well that I had to do the entire floor!!!!

3/4 spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide
1 small squirt Dawn
15-20 drops orange Essential Oil
fill rest of bottle with hot water

Sometimes I have to scrub with a hard brush, other times the stain just disappears. Seriously magic. It is amazing.

ShiriChayim
01-28-2009, 11:17 AM
It worked!!!!!!! :jump2 I seriously cannot believe it actually worked! :heart :heart I mean, I've spent more money than I want to think about trying to find things to clean my carpets from all the stuff the boys do to it, and I just cannot believe how well this worked!!!!!!!!! :kiss :kiss :kiss

charla
01-28-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm so glad it worked. :jump2 It hasn't ever let me down. I, too, regret all of the money I've spent on carpet cleaners that don't work. :doh

Blue Savannah
01-28-2009, 12:30 PM
I looooove that carpet cleaner. :kiss

Ima LeShalosh
01-28-2009, 12:33 PM
:rockon

Singingmom
01-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Wow! We have had red stains in a few spots that we suspect were Koolaid since we moved into this house. Do you think the recipe would be effective without the orange oil?