PDA

View Full Version : My mattress got really wet. What can I do?

gentlemommy
01-23-2009, 07:25 PM
I was on the phone yesterday for about 5 minutes and not paying too much attention to what dd was doing. Well, she apparently decided to dump a bunch of water on our king bed mattress so she could "jump in the water." :eek :jawdrop I would *never* in a million years expected her to do that - she's never done anything like that before. Anyway, I soaked up what I could from the top and have a fan going 24/7 since then. I just noticed tonight that the bottom of the mattress is very wet all along the bottom edge. :( Two of the mattress corners also have *big* patches of wet area on the bottom. What do I do? I really don't want mold growing in our mattress and we can't really afford a new one. This one is only 2.5 yrs. old. :( I'm planning on standing it upright tomorrow and directing the fan to the wet areas but I'm not sure that will be enough. It's our only bed and we need it to sleep tonight so I have it on the floor right now, even thought it's wet :nails (dd's sleeping on it right now :heart) :help

Singingmom
01-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh dear... you have a good plan. I think heat would help, too. Could you stand it in front of the fireplace? :think I would probably leave it drying for a few days (or as long as it takes) and sleep on blankets on the floor until it's dry.

scottishthistle
01-27-2009, 05:49 AM
can you use a shop vac to pull out some water?