PDA

View Full Version : blenders??

Lavender Lily
01-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Mine finally died 2 weeks ago. It was around 10+ yrs old. :cry
So now I'm in search of a new one. Since dh bought me the Kitchenaid stand mixer and processor, he wants to get me a kitchen aid blender....so they all match. :giggle
I would rather get anything....it doesn't have to be Kitchenaid. What other brands are there that make good blenders. Not sure how much a kitchenaid one costs, I just don't want to spend a lot of money.
I make my own hot sauce, not sure if the processor will do what a blender can on liquefying.

knitlove
01-22-2009, 03:46 PM
:popcorn mine is dieing and it hasn't lasted 10 years

AngelaVA
01-22-2009, 04:04 PM
:popcorn I have yet to have one last 2 years.

krysmh
01-22-2009, 04:37 PM
I have an Oster that we got 8 years ago, but never used it really regularly until the past year or so. Now I make really really thick smoothies and I think it might die soon. The base sort of smells mechanical when I use it now, like I'm stressing out the motor. :shifty

I really want a Vitamix, but not the crazy high price tag.

momofmany
01-22-2009, 09:07 PM
The best blender I ever owned was the attachment one that comes with the Magic Bullet.... But I accidentally broke the base that you attach it to so that was the end of it. :sigh

HummusDip
01-23-2009, 12:32 AM
I just got a refurbished Vitamix 5000 off vitamix.com and I LOVE it!!!!! :rockon

Lavender Lily
01-23-2009, 01:18 AM
I have an Oster that we got 8 years ago, but never used it really regularly until the past year or so. Now I make really really thick smoothies and I think it might die soon. The base sort of smells mechanical when I use it now, like I'm stressing out the motor. :shifty

I really want a Vitamix, but not the crazy high price tag.

that's what mine did. About 10 minutes after I had used it the smell got stronger to where dh (who was in the dining room) smelt it.

Blue Aurora
01-23-2009, 05:38 AM
I want a vitamix! I'm going to check out the refurbished ones....