PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's 5 Minute Challenge!

RiverRock
01-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I need help to keep on task today. Add a list if you want or post as you complete tasks. We'll motivate each other to keep going, and our homes will be better for it. When this thread comes up in your new replies box, set the timer for 5 minutes and work on a task. The more you do, the more others are encouraged to do. :tu

RiverRock
01-20-2009, 10:23 AM
loaded and started dishwasher, put away dry dishes from drainer and wiped table and counters.

charla
01-20-2009, 11:12 AM
So far today I've

made beds
straightened bedrooms
made and cleaned up breakfast
working on school
made and cleaned up lunch

charla
01-20-2009, 12:34 PM
finished up school

Here's my list I would like to get done today:
decide where I want to post my homekeeping schedule so I can readily refer to it
clean main bathroom
put carseat back together
make potato salad ahead for supper
make coleslaw ahead for supper
declutter a hotspot on my desk

RiverRock
01-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi Charla, it has turned out that my kids needed me more than a tidy house today. I'm trying to slowly get stuff done while being available for hugs and companionship. I just finished vacuuming and picking up floors in a few rooms. My list is:

finish picking up floors and vacuuming (kids just found me so I'm gonna' be quick ;))
finish last 2 loads of laundry and put away
bake cupcakes for cake decorating class tonight
prep dinner in preparation for a hectic dinner hour

charla
01-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Glad you can be there for your kids, Jessica. The good thing about housework is that it always wait for you. :P~

decide where I want to post my homekeeping schedule so I can readily refer to it
clean main bathroom

Boiled potatoes and they are now cooling for potato salad
cleaned up kitchen as I cooked - washing dishes, etc.

KatieMae
01-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Glad you can be there for your kids, Jessica. The good thing about housework is that it always wait for you. :P~

Yeah, funny. Reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllyyyy funny :P~

*laundry time*

charla
01-20-2009, 01:46 PM

Yeah, funny. Reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllyyyy funny :P~

I was trying to be funny...but I think underneath it all I'm really feeling a little out of sorts about housework because it. never. ends. It's like you can't enjoy your accomplishments because you just have to turn around and do them again. Ugh.

KatieMae
01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
ITU Charla - it definitely helps to have a list that you cross off things you've done, or at least it helps me. It's just too bad things like "Take a 20-minute shower" and "Go shopping alone" aren't on there ;)

charla
01-20-2009, 02:07 PM
I love crossing things off! I just hate it when I can't cross it ALL off. Part of my perfectionistic tendencies, I'm sure. :shifty

clean main bathroom
[/quote]

finished washing dishes

charla
01-20-2009, 02:34 PM
clean main bathroom

:giggle Took out my frustrations on my bathroom. I used the trigger on my cleaner spray bottle to my full advantage. :jawdrop :shifty Ahem, I feel better now. :giggle

KatieMae
01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I love crossing things off! I just hate it when I can't cross it ALL off. Part of my perfectionistic tendencies, I'm sure. :shifty

:yes2 :yes2 :yes2 It drives me crazy-sad when things carry over from one day to the next.

charla
01-20-2009, 03:03 PM
cleaned and vacuumed living room, dining room and hallway

charla
01-20-2009, 03:11 PM
clean main bathroom

charla
01-20-2009, 03:33 PM
lost my menu for the week so looking high and how
found it in my purse which led to purse decluttering

charla
01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
finishing up supper preparations
re-ordered checks

charla
01-20-2009, 05:09 PM
cleaned up supper - one pan still soaking
preparations for a meeting I'm leading tonight

RiverRock
01-20-2009, 05:34 PM

:yes2 :yes2 :yes2 It drives me crazy-sad when things carry over from one day to the next.

We are birds of a feather today! :dove

Charla, your list is nearly done...let's see about mine...

finish picking up floors and vacuuming (kids just found me so I'm gonna' be quick ;))
finish last 2 loads of laundry and put away
bake cupcakes for cake decorating class tonight
prep dinner in preparation for a hectic dinner hour

Not bad. I am going to flip the laundry and then I am closer to being done, with nothing to carry over to tomorrow's list! :tu

charla
01-20-2009, 07:37 PM
[quote=charla ]

We are birds of a feather today! :dove

[quote=RiverRock ]

Must be why we are drawn to the five minute challenges. :giggle