PDA

View Full Version : Comfy seating v. table & chairs for playroom?

Happygrl
01-19-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm working on the playroom this week and I've made room for either some comfy seating (one of those small couches or a couple kid-size bean bag chairs) or a small table & chair set. For reading in a comfy spot, she has the living room, her bedroom or my bedroom. And for things she'd do at a table, she has the dining room table & kitchen island. So neither one is really "needed"....but I'd like to put something else in there.

Which would you choose? Or would you get neither?

Heather R
01-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Hmm... We have both in our playroom, and I'd say the table is used more. It's great for puzzles, games, lacing beads, lining up polly pocket stuff, etc. We don't use it for crafts etc because the playroom is carpeted.

charla
01-19-2009, 06:00 PM
My children get a lot of mileage out of their table and chairs set, but they also like to use their adirondack type chairs a lot too. If I had to choose between the two though, I would choose the table and chairs because I think they get the most use - probably on a daily basis whereas the chairs don't see daily usage.

ArmsOfLove
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
which do you think would be used more?

Happygrl
01-19-2009, 07:11 PM
which do you think would be used more?

I really can't decide. Some days she spends hours at the tables, other days she spends hours reading and doing other toys in one of the comfy spots. Visually, I like the idea of a comfy seating. Practically, I like the idea of a table b/c then it won't be on the dining room table.