PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a tea stain out of my tub?

StrangeTraveller
01-19-2009, 08:12 AM
My herb bath thing left a stain in the bottom of my tub..can it come out?

afternoonrain
01-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Not sure how penetrated your stain is, but I have this problem often, either from my herbal baths or from Henna. :yes I don't use bleach, but have found that scrubbing with baking soda or a borax soak works well. One of our tubs is in need of a refinish and has lost almost all enamel gloss. This is the one I use borax for, and let it sit for about 30 minutes (diluted with water.) Give it a try? :shrug Hope it works!

StrangeTraveller
01-19-2009, 08:37 AM
I don't have any borax..how would I need to mix the baking soda?

Naked Camper
01-19-2009, 08:40 AM
I was thinking some soft scrub may work. I know it does wonders in my kitchen sink :yes

afternoonrain
01-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Softscrub was my kitchen sink/bathtub cleaner of choice before I abandoned most chemicals, and it does work really well!

For baking soda use on stains I sprinkle liberally, add a bit liquid (water...or vinegar if you want some foamy action) to make a paste and scrub away. It's mildly abrassive and "cleans without scratching." Cheaper for me too, than most cleaners. Sometimes I add some lemon EO...reminicient of my Softscrub days :)

canadiyank
01-19-2009, 01:09 PM
I use baking soda to get tea and coffee stains off my cups, so I bet it would work for a tub. Just add a bit off water and wipe it around.

Rabbit
01-19-2009, 02:39 PM
You can also use oxyclean, with just enough hot hot water to cover the stain, and lots of oxyclean. It can sit over night.

klpmommy
01-19-2009, 02:57 PM
you can make your own soft scrub with baking soda, castille soap, EOs. The recipe is in the sticky at the top, I'll go grab it. It has worked on *everything* I have tried, even things that bleach didn't touch.

klpmommy
01-19-2009, 02:59 PM
1 cup (or a little less) Baking Soda
1/4 cup Castile Soap (I use peppermint scented)
1/4 cup water
1 T. vinegar
25 drops tea tree oil

mix together & wipe on with soft cloth. Rinse.

StrangeTraveller
01-20-2009, 07:26 AM
1 cup (or a little less) Baking Soda
1/4 cup Castile Soap (I use peppermint scented)
1/4 cup water
1 T. vinegar
25 drops tea tree oil

mix together & wipe on with soft cloth. Rinse.

a-ha! a formula. I needed that. TY!

...anyone have some motivation lying around? :shifty