PDA

View Full Version : FLYBabies--How do you divide your house up into zones?

Happygrl
01-15-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm not diving full-length back into her program but I really do like how she divides up cleaning into zones. When I first started FLYLady, we had two bedrooms, living room, kitchen, dining room and one bath--perfectly fit into her zones!! But now...not so much! So how do you divide your house up?

I'd like to stick to at least having the main room she lists each week. But I can't seem to find a good way to divide these up.

I have:
foyer
play room
1/2 bath
*living room
*dining room
*kitchen (**these three are open to each other, our computer desk is in the midst of all this)
laundry room
back porch/yard
front porch (we spend a lot of time on both of these, so they end up being "rooms")
DD's bedroom
DS's bedroom
master bedroom
kids' bathroom
master bathroom
hall closet/storage (I'm in and out of here a lot, so I count it as a 1/2 room :giggle)

(Her list:
#1--entrance, front porch, dining room
#2--kitchen
#3--bathroom plus one room
#4--master bedroom
#5--living room

Lily
01-16-2009, 12:47 AM
It really depends on how you would prefer that have them broken up - say all bedrooms in the same category and all bathrooms in another OR groups the rooms closest to each other (ie - playroom and laundry room are next to each other so do those together).

A.
1. foyer, front porch and living room
2. kitchen and dining room
3. kids rooms, kids bathroom and hall closet
4. master bedroom and bath and 1/2 bath
5. playroom, laundry room and back porch

B.
1. foyer, front porch and living room
2. kitchen and dining room
3. All bathrooms
4. All bedrooms and laundry room
5. Playroom, hall closet and back porch

Your best bet is to try a schedule and then tweak until it fits your life - you'll never know what works best until you try.

RiverRock
01-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Some rooms might not need to actually be put into a zone, but can be include in your "Home Blessing" category. Isn't there 1-2 days where you do a home blessing (overall tidy). On one day you could include all the closets, and another could include the laundry room, for example. When I did her system I didn't have a problem with entryways or porches, and my dining room is actually a toy room so I lumped my laundry room and rec. room to that day. I had geographical zones to help me stay focused. My master bedroom wasn't a big deal to clean, either, so I lumped that with the nursery, a storage closet, hall area and office. That zone is what I referred to as the East Wing of my house. :giggle I think most people have to adapt her zones to meet the needs of their homes.