PDA

View Full Version : quick help - grape juice on white shirt

monkeylicious
01-14-2009, 05:39 AM
so gigi shared her juice with evie :sigh well evie loves to drink out of a cup, but really needs adult help - what do i do now? the sleeve is white :nails and this was the first time she had worn the dress :banghead

eta - the sleeve got the worst of it, but the dress body is pink with flowers - also stained, but may not show as much and pink pants

klpmommy
01-14-2009, 05:42 AM
would oxy clean get it out? I have had good luck with it. Or I wonder if hydrogen peroxide would work?

4MKfam
01-14-2009, 05:46 AM
:yes Oxyclean has worked great on grape juice for us. Mix some up in a bottle (we used one of my old peri bottles) and put it directly on the stain, then wash it with the oxyclean following the directions on the bucket. We used it on the carpet for a grape juice stain, and it came right out.

monkeylicious
01-14-2009, 05:49 AM
i have it in cold water for now - when dh gets up (he didn't get home til about 4am) i can run to the store. will ck first aid kit to see if i have hydrogen peroxide

monkeylicious
01-14-2009, 05:53 AM
eta - the sleeve got the worst of it, but the dress body is pink with flowers - also stained, but may not show as much and pink pants

arelyn
01-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Fill your teapot with water and bring it to a brisk oil, then put the outfit in the sink the pour the boiling water on the stain. It takes a lot of water but it works great from our experience! If it doesn't get it first try rub a little soap in while you boil a new batch of water and retry.

4MKfam
01-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Fill your teapot with water and bring it to a brisk oil, then put the outfit in the sink the pour the boiling water on the stain. It takes a lot of water but it works great from our experience! If it doesn't get it first try rub a little soap in while you boil a new batch of water and retry.

:scratch Wouldn't that set the stain, though? I always thought hot water set stains... Does that work for just grape juice?

monkeylicious
01-15-2009, 06:44 AM
i left it soaking in cold until i could get to the store in the afternoon. i bought oxyclean and used that as a soak, and the grape juice came out! :woohoo

thanks ladies :yes

arelyn
01-15-2009, 01:23 PM

:scratch Wouldn't that set the stain, though? I always thought hot water set stains... Does that work for just grape juice?

That's what I thought until I was making strawberry jam and spattered a new light colored shirt. Google told me to use boiling water on fruit juice stains and it works great. We've had luck with lots of berry stains, grape juice, and wine stains.

Atarah
01-15-2009, 01:33 PM
That's what I thought until I was making strawberry jam and spattered a new light colored shirt. Google told me to use boiling water on fruit juice stains and it works great. We've had luck with lots of berry stains, grape juice, and wine stains.

:yes It works great for fruit juice stains. THe biggest issue is if the fabric is o.k. with the boiling water - some delicate stuff might not hold up to it.