PDA

View Full Version : Anything I shouldn't clean with microfiber cloths?

TraceMama
01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
I have new microfiber cleaning cloths :rockon But, I'm feeling really dumb, because I'm not sure what they'd be best cleaning. :scratch

I know they're great for dusting, but how about deep cleaning (like a bathroom) ? Dishes? Wiping up the table and countertops? Other general cleaning? :shrug

Anything that's still better cleaned with a cotton cloth as opposed to microfiber? :shrug

Oh, and they can't be put in the dryer, right? :scratch

:bag

RiverRock
01-13-2009, 12:00 PM
My sil doesn't use soap or Windex with them, just water as far as I remember. I'm curious about this too. :scratch

mommylove
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
I put mine in the dryer after washing with my regular laundry. :shrug Fabric softener shouldn't be used on them, but I don't use it anyway. Don't wash with towels, though, because they'll pick up the lint from the towels.

I don't use them for dishes or for anything that I use an abrasive cleaner (like baking soda), but I use them for pretty much everything else -- mirrors, windows, walls, counters, TV or computer screen, dry dusting, anything that just needs wiped down, non-porous toys, etc. Oh, I don't use them in the kitchen, I use the regular washcloths there because I have so many. I use them mostly with water or a vinegar/water/EO mixture, depending on what I'm cleaning.

Rabbit
01-13-2009, 06:06 PM
They can't be used with bleach or bleach containing products. I use them with vinegar and peroxide, and I wash and dry them with the rest of the towels.

klpmommy
01-13-2009, 07:20 PM
I put mine in the dryer with towels. I use them with all of my cleaning supplies, but I only clean with natural cleaners (baking soda, vinegar, EOs, Dawn, etc). Eventually they get so much gunk on them that they are un-usable, but my initial set lasted about a year-- with all of our pets I think that was pretty good. :shrug

Jenjardin
01-14-2009, 09:41 AM
You can dry them, but you're not supposed to use fabric softener with them.

TraceMama
01-15-2009, 04:36 AM
Thanks! :heart So far I'm loving how much easier cleaning is with them. :yes