PDA

View Full Version : Promise me you'll try these muffins! (Vegan)

StrangeTraveller
01-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Oh man. I'm surprised I left enough batter to actually cook these. They are just...oh man. 'nother vegweb recipe - http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=14009.0

The gist of it:

In a food processor, liquefy 2 under ripe bananas, then add 2 cups sweetener (I used a cup of fructose and about 3/4 c honey...I forgot to buy agave nectar again :doh), 1 cup vegetable oil and 2 teaspoons almond extract. The recipe on the site calls for vanilla, but I think this worked beaaautifully.

In a bowl, combine 3 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda, 3/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, some cinnamon and nutmeg

Combine the wet & dry. It'll seem too dry, but keep going- it's Ok.

Then, grate 2 -3 cups unpeeled zucchini, a couple large zucchini should be good, and add some walnuts and (this was in the comments a genious!) frozen blueberries.

Cook at 350 until done...20-30 min, depending on if it's muffins or bread. Careful if it's bread..my knife came out clean and it was still gummy

Grab some hot tea and a blanket and try not to eat it all at once!!!

JessicaNichole
01-12-2009, 09:20 AM
ohh that sounds yummy

HummusDip
01-12-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm soooooooo trying these in my new vitamix!!!!!

StrangeTraveller
01-12-2009, 09:33 AM

:rockon That's how I did it...do you have the dry container? I used fresh flour..mmmm

Atarah
01-12-2009, 10:01 AM
must.make.these.... :yum

BeckaBlue
02-03-2009, 11:36 PM
oh yummy! wonder if just mashing the nanas woul work? i dont have a food processor or blender
it says white flour, does whole whet work too?

HummusDip
02-04-2009, 12:05 AM

:rockon That's how I did it...do you have the dry container? I used fresh flour..mmmm

Do you mean the dry blade? I do not...I was still hoping it would work! I don't plan to grind my own flour or anything. :)

StrangeTraveller
02-04-2009, 07:39 AM
oh yummy! wonder if just mashing the nanas woul work? i dont have a food processor or blender
it says white flour, does whole whet work too?

:yes to both. It'll be hard to mash unripe bananas, but on the site some used more ripe ones & it was fine. :tu

Do you mean the dry blade? I do not...I was still hoping it would work! I don't plan to grind my own flour or anything. :)

Yah...but it'll still work. I just used the dry blade to grind the flour before I made the muffins with the wet blade