PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the big tasks done?

TuneMyHeart
01-10-2009, 01:05 PM
I have enough trouble getting every day chores done (dishes, laundry, etc.). How do you accomplish things that take several hours? For example, we reallllly need to steam clean our carpet. But I have no idea how to get it done, except for trying to just get one room done at a time. It would be so much easier to do the whole house at once, but it's impossible! How do you do it? What about things that arent' quite that time-consuming (like cleaning bathrooms)?

KatieMae
01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
I wrote up a simple housekeeping routine that keeps my efforts focused on one area each day of the week. One day (Thursday, in my case) is for "projects" which can mean catching up from earlier in the week, or actually working on a big thing like reorganizing a closet or decluttering the basement. And then there are some things - like steam-cleaning the carpet - that are logistically impossible to do right now. They're off the list entirely :yes2

Rabbit
01-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Yup. They're either off the list, or somebody else gets paid to do them, until the children can handle it.

Codi
01-10-2009, 03:13 PM
:cup