PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have an Electrolux Washer/Dryer?

RealLifeMama
01-10-2009, 07:27 AM
We have been drooling over large capacity front loaders for a while, but until something was really dramatically broken, we were not going to replace our set.
Since the washing machine is not spinning well, and the seal came off the dryer and got completely twisted in a load towels, and Mt.Washmore is the bane of my existence right now, I am more seriously considering it.

So far of what we have looked like, we are leaning toward the Electrolux 4.7 cu ft capacity one that has the option of the 18 min wash load. The dryer does not have that "steam" feature, which makes it a little less expensive, but from what I have heard, the steam feature on most dryers does not do much but squirt water on the clothes anyway, and I can do that myself. :lol Is that true, or is there really a benefit to the steam?

Anyway, does anyone have any experiences with Electrolux? We have always bought Kenmore, but since they are now made by Frigidaire, and we have heard bad things about their front loaders, we are not going that route.

The other one we are looking at is a Bosch.

Any thoughts/reviews?

I am :nails because we really need to be saving for another vehicle....I have gone through a tank of gas in two days with all the shuffling and juggling we have been having to do, not to mention one of us has been having to skip activities and meetings.

AmyDoll
01-10-2009, 07:42 AM
I wouldn't buy the Bosch - they are expensive & hard to repair. My ILs have one and it's been nothing but a PITB. When they moved a simple part broke in the move & they couldn't find a repair person to come out (and they live in a major Metro area) - they ended up having to order the part & repairing it themselves.

My SIL has the LGs and :heart them. She said she uses the steam feature a lot - but I didn't really ask her much about it.

Drew
01-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I've heard good things about Electrolux kitchen appliances but nothing about their washers/dryers. We have LGs and love them. We have the steam washer (which we love) but not the steam dryer.