PDA

View Full Version : Who has "Declutter" on their 2009 goal list?

KatieMae
01-06-2009, 05:30 PM
I wondered if anyone else wants to play a new round of the Decluttering Challenge we had last year. If you didn't see this before, this year's goal would be to declutter 2009 items in 2009 :)

Anyone??? It's, um, really not so hard to get to that number :yes2 You can count each piece of paper or just count a folder-worth of paper as one item - it's up to you!

light of mine
01-06-2009, 09:46 PM
:raise Count me in. DH and I have been accumulating way too much stuff. My big goal for this year is to get more organized, and this would help out tremendously.

JoyGal
01-07-2009, 12:19 AM
:raise

Ok, when do we start :rockon

mellifera
01-07-2009, 12:37 AM
I'm in. My house is making me crazy--we have a total of 2 closets and my clutter is spawning little baby clutters.

Quiteria
01-07-2009, 12:40 AM
:rockon

Supposedly dh and I are doing this together...lol

I always forget to count, though. :O

KatieMae
01-07-2009, 04:12 AM
Quiteria, you can still play even if you don't count :hug And :welcome mellifera, I don't think I've seen you post before :grouphug

I'll start a new post, yippee! How exciting!

:dance http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=211037.0

TraceMama
01-07-2009, 04:52 AM
Decluttering is definitely on my list of things to do this year. :yes However, sometimes I forget to keep track. :O :shifty

klpmommy
01-07-2009, 05:18 AM
me

I definately reached my goal last year, even though I didn't add in all my points of items decluttered. :doh

I really, really, really truly have to get to the garage & the basement storage area this year. No more excuses!!! (Except an active toddler & a newborn......)

KatieMae
01-07-2009, 07:17 AM
I really, really, really truly have to get to the garage & the basement storage area this year. No more excuses!!! (Except an active toddler & a newborn......)

Umm, those exceptions are pretty big ones I think :yes2 plus I can only assume that you have limited months of decent weather to get the garage done w/o freezing out there, right? Just sayin' :hug Realistic goals are important so you don't get discouraged. Do YOU have to do these projects, or is this something your DH can help with or completely take over when you're unable to do it?

klpmommy
01-07-2009, 07:23 AM
dh will *not* throw anything away. It *might* be useful someday, you know? Like the three (or more?) boxes of 20 year old "new tech" magazines I tossed this past summer. He would *never* throw them away, but he also isn't going to miss them.

I wanted to hire a mother's helper last summer to help me with the kids so I could get stuff done in the garage, but I was unsuccessful finding someone I liked. I'll try again this summer. I also need to take advantage of dh helping me with the kids on the weekends to get stuff done. Tadpole won't be too much of a problem since he won't be mobile, but S will still be at the age of "trouble".

The thing is, I want to be able to park in the garage next winter. I am tired of having to always schlep everyone outside in the snow & ice to get to & from the car.