PDA

View Full Version : need some encouragement

lifethruhim08
01-05-2009, 10:53 PM
This is the new year, and many of us have new years resolutions. For a while I got very behind in keeping my room clean. Well this weekend I sort of got in trouble for getting behind and I think I would have to get rid of my cat if I can't take care of my room. I need some serious accountablity as I do not always like to clean. Right now these are my goals:

1. To keep my room as clean as it is now without having to be asked

2. To join the five minute challenge and use that to help me remember to do my chores

Lily
01-06-2009, 09:43 AM
As a recovering messy, I can tell you from experience YOU CAN DO THIS!! It might help if you have certain things you do certain days. The 5 minute challenges have been a huge blessing in my life. That little bit of accountability and support goes a long way.

I've only been doing this for about 3 weeks and I can see a huge difference in my home and in my attitude.

KatieMae
01-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Since you just have one room to keep tidy, I would establish a daily (pre-bedtime) tidy routine. We do this in our living room each day & I *should* do it in my kitchen too ;) - everything is put away & looks tidy so when we wake up, there's nothing to do but get on with life. Then iyou can do the real "cleaning" once a week, it's SO much easier! :yes Also, take a serious look at what you can declutter from your room - if you have less stuff to clean around, it goes faster ;)

klpmommy
01-07-2009, 08:52 AM
:welcome

agreeing with both pp's. :)

The 5 min challenges are so helpful, it is amazing what I can do in 5 mintues!!

And definately, the less there is, the easier it is to put it up or clean it. Good storage is helpful, too.