PDA

View Full Version : please look at my homekeeping schedule

monkeylicious
01-05-2009, 09:01 PM
does this look do-able, not too overwhelming, yet has all components? did i miss anything big?
just so you know: 1st floor - spare bedroom (dh uses this for his travel gear as well - has plans to move all his clothes down there :shrug ), laundry, and a play area we use occassionally as well as a storage area
2nd floor - kitchen, dining area, living room, a desk and lots o' toys
3rd floor - 2 bedrooms, 1 storage area/craft room (not usable), and 2 full baths

thanks for looking - and for any suggestions - btw i am a messy in dire need of organizational help

Jennifer’s 2009 Cleaning Schedule

Monday
· Kitchen/dining room
· Other activities include music and library

Tuesday
· Bathrooms
· Other activities include Bible Study

Wednesday
· Living room/computer
· Other activities include grocery shopping

Thursday
· Bedrooms
· Other activities include dance

Friday
· Entryway
· Overall pre-weekend straighten

Kitchen:
· Clear and wipe down counters – weekly
· Outsides of appliances wipe down – weekly
· Sweep/mop – weekly
· Buffet top – weekly
· China cabinet - monthly
· Inside appliances – monthly
· Clean ceiling fan/fixtures - quarterly
· Pantry clear/clean/organize – semi-annually
· Windows, blinds, and curtains – semi-annually

Bathrooms:
· Clear and wipe down counters – weekly
· Wash towels - weekly
· Toilets – weekly
· Sweep/mop – every other week
· Spray/wipe down shower – every other week
· Clean tubs – monthly (they are used once/week most weeks)

Living room
· Vacuum – weekly
· Dust – weekly
· Straighten desk/file/shred – weekly
· Wash blankets – quarterly if not more often
· Sort/organize toys – quarterly
· Clear and organize desk – quarterly
· Windows and blinds – semi-annually

Bedrooms
· Change sheets - weekly
· Take care of clothes – weekly
· Dust – every other week
· Ceiling fan/fixture – quarterly
· Wash comforter/blankets – quarterly if not more frequently
· Vacuum – every other week
· Organize closets – semi-annually

Entryway
· Water plants - weekly
· Sweep/mop – every other week
· Dust –every other week
· Clean off washer/dryer – every other week
· Vacuum downstairs – every other week
· Spare bedroom – dust/vacuum - monthly
· Wipe down railings/banister – quarterly
· Clear/organize bench – semi-annually

Lily
01-05-2009, 09:07 PM
That looks very do able! I created a similar schedule 3 weeks ago. As a complete messy, it was hard at first, but I really am noticing the difference. Even Dh is recognizing all the hard work.

klpmommy
01-06-2009, 10:23 AM
looks good to me. I need to actually follow mine, but I have been so overwhelmingly tired that I can't make myself do more than the bare minimum at the moment. :bag

GirlOnFire
01-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Very good! May I make one suggestion? With all my "weekly", "monthly", and "semi-annually" stuff, I assign a day so it doesn't get overlooked. For example, I wash comforters on the 1st Thursday on each month, and I wash curtains in June and December. Good luck!

charla
01-06-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm impressed. I like the details that you included. You've given me some good ideas to improve my schedule.

monkeylicious
01-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Very good! May I make one suggestion? With all my "weekly", "monthly", and "semi-annually" stuff, I assign a day so it doesn't get overlooked. For example, I wash comforters on the 1st Thursday on each month, and I wash curtains in June and December. Good luck!

:yes i know i need to do that in order to not forget/procrastinate/miss those jobs
just not sure where/how i'm going to do it yet :think i really would like to do a binder - but we have no horizontal space (counter space) - i really want to get a bookshelf (or something) for storage in our dining area for craft stuff - and if there are shelves i would be thrilled! then i could have a home for my binders and get to work on this one... :scratch

TrinMama
01-06-2009, 02:36 PM
:rockon

KatieMae
01-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Just wanted to add that the weekly stuff will eventually become habit. At that point, you can just write "clean kitchen" and you know all that it entails, rather than having a long list, which might seem daunting sometimes :yes I like to revise my chore list every six months or so, to make changes like that or to add/remove things as needed :yes Don't think it's an unchangeable document!

Codi
01-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Good job! I think it is very doable!

I made a homekeeping binder a while back, and it is my new years resolution (well, one of them) to re-do it (since we moved) and stick to it all! I am SO EXCITED! I do so much better overall when I am organized like that!