PDA

View Full Version : Toys Under the Couch

Thia
01-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Anyone have any tips for keeping toys from getting under the couch? I am tired of tears b/c a loved toy is now trapped. I am tired of getting down on hands and knees to sweep out from under. And I never get just the toys, but the dust bunnies that have been reproducing which means it turns into a need for cleaning. Sigh. We have hardwood floors and toys slide under there like and ice skater across the ice. Any tips appreciated.

JoyGal
01-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Under the couch is actually where we keep the toys :shifty I got a plastic container low enough to slide it underneath. Works out great really, I pull it out in the morning for dd to play with all day, then just toss everything inside and slide it back under in the evening. Makes picking up a breeze! Maybe you have a container you can put there to prevent the toys from going under? Or if your couches have a little skirt around the bottom you could sew a small stitch in the corners to prevent them from flipping up or in so easily?

NayneeNoo
01-02-2009, 02:21 PM
How much space is there between the bottom of your couch and the floor?

SouthPaw
01-02-2009, 02:37 PM
i just use a dustmop to sweep everything out :grin

klpmommy
01-03-2009, 06:18 AM
I hand the big kids a stick & make them get toys out for me.

NayneeNoo
01-03-2009, 06:42 AM
I was asking about the space because when we had our old couch, I put a pool noodle underneath at the front and it kept toys from being able to go underneath.

JoyGal
01-03-2009, 10:35 AM
I was asking about the space because when we had our old couch, I put a pool noodle underneath at the front and it kept toys from being able to go underneath.

That's a really good idea! :tu

Thia
01-05-2009, 11:23 AM
There isn't a ton os space, but I think a pool noodle might work! Thanks!