PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Home Blessing Challenge - Jan 1st!

KatieMae
01-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm SO, SO sorry I was MIA yesterday :( Our internet was out the entire day & still is not on now, but we're at my IL's so I could check-in here - they live 4 miles from us but THEY aren't having an outage :hissyfit I bet they're not even working on the problem today :rolleyes But I digress... Back to work!

DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day)
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day)
5-minute Challenge Participation: 50pts

CHALLENGE: BEDROOMS
150pts per room to change the linens, dust the furniture & check for new cobwebs, clean your mirrors, put away any stray clothes & sweep the floors.

BONUS: A NEW YEAR & A NEW ROUTINE! 500pts :dance
Okay, this is a multi-step process so it might take your more than one day, depending how busy you are today. First, decide how often you need to clean things in your house. You know we've been doing kitchens & baths every week - if you have a rarely used bathroom, maybe only every other week would be good enough. How often do you need to change your sheets? Weekly is the normal standard, but if you have someone with allergies, twice/wk might be better for their bed.

Next, plan your days each week. Look at your "normal" schedule - what day is best for time-consuming duties vs. quick tasks? Ex: laundry day doesn't work for a day you're going to be gone for six hours, but you could dust & vacuum your family room that day instead.) Is there one day each week that you can devote to de-cluttering or big projects around the house?

Finally, make a written routine. In the past I've done an index card listing out the basic homekeeping things I wanted to do each day & I put it on my fridge. If I had time after those were done, I could attend to other random things I needed to do. You could also type up a daily sheet (similar to Motivated Moms or Flylady) for each day in a two-week or four-week rotation & then just print more sheets every few weeks. These could be a disposable (recyclable ;) ) check-list that you could cross-off each day to get some sense of completion & accomplishment. There are a lot of ways to make your routine, but I highly suggest you write it down so you don't get mixed up or completely ignore your plans ;)

Good luck!!! :heart

klpmommy
01-01-2009, 12:45 PM
I have got to get back to counting points!!!! It really helps!

DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load x4 80

CHALLENGE: BEDROOMS I did both bedrooms, except I didn't do sheets :doh I'm taking the points anyway. :shifty 300
150pts per room to change the linens, dust the furniture & check for new cobwebs, clean your mirrors, put away any stray clothes & sweep the floors.

BONUS: A NEW YEAR & A NEW ROUTINE! 500pts
Okay, this is a multi-step process so it might take your more than one day, depending how busy you are today. First, decide how often you need to clean things in your house. You know we've been doing kitchens & baths every week - if you have a rarely used bathroom, maybe only every other week would be good enough. How often do you need to change your sheets? Weekly is the normal standard, but if you have someone with allergies, twice/wk might be better for their bed.

Next, plan your days each week. Look at your "normal" schedule - what day is best for time-consuming duties vs. quick tasks? Ex: laundry day doesn't work for a day you're going to be gone for six hours, but you could dust & vacuum your family room that day instead.) Is there one day each week that you can devote to de-cluttering or big projects around the house?

total: 1070

arelyn
01-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Sorry about your internet. We've been through that so many times at this house.

DAILY'S:

Finally, make a written routine. In the past I've done an index card listing out the basic homekeeping things I wanted to do each day & I put it on my fridge. If I had time after those were done, I could attend to other random things I needed to do. You could also type up a daily sheet (similar to Motivated Moms or Flylady) for each day in a two-week or four-week rotation & then just print more sheets every few weeks. These could be a disposable (recyclable ;) ) check-list that you could cross-off each day to get some sense of completion & accomplishment. There are a lot of ways to make your routine, but I highly suggest you write it down so you don't get mixed up or completely ignore your plans ;)

charla
01-01-2009, 05:21 PM
DAILY'S:
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) x 2 = 30pts

CHALLENGE: BEDROOMS 150pts x 3 = 450pts

Not sure if this is what you meant for us to do for today, Katie.
1-2-09
MAKE-UP CHALLENGE from 12-3 Master Declutter 1 hr = 300pts Organized/Decluttered dd's closet and two dresser drawers 1.5 hours = 450pts
Devotions 100pts
Laundry 20pts
Hotspots 30pts
5 minute challenge 50pts
Shiny Sink 20pts

FINAL TOTAL - 1820pts

kwisie
01-01-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm SO, SO sorry I was MIA yesterday :( Our internet was out the entire day & still is not on now, but we're at my IL's so I could check-in here - they live 4 miles from us but THEY aren't having an outage :hissyfit I bet they're not even working on the problem today :rolleyes But I digress... Back to work!

DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load - 106 pts

150pts per room to change the linens, dust the furniture & check for new cobwebs, clean your mirrors, put away any stray clothes & sweep the floors. - 450 pts

I'll have to work on that tomorrow. :nails

Total - 746 pts

monkeylicious
01-02-2009, 05:41 AM
DAILY'S:

120 points - but i didn't see the challenge until about bed time - so i'll work on that today - i did start either yesterday or the day before - just have to fill it out a bit!

arelyn
01-02-2009, 07:17 PM
How's it coming? I am stuck and was wondering what everyone else had come up with so far.

Daily tasks are easy and already marked on our white board:

Mon: kitchen
Tues: bathroom
Wed: procrastination projects
Thur: bedroom
Fri: livingroom
Sat: general organization/decuttering
Sun: menu

But beyond that I'm totally stumped...any thoughts?

charla
01-02-2009, 07:39 PM
This is what my list looks like - but not sure if it's detailed enough. I think I'll have to work with it awhile and see what's missing. After a week or two, I'm sure it will become obvious the parts of the house I've forgotten. :giggle

I plan to do daily straightening in every room in the house.
Monday - kitchen, menu, grocery shopping
Tuesday - bathrooms, living room, dining room
Wednesday - bedrooms, laundry, tidy laundry room while in there
Thursday - family room, extra projects
Friday - pre-weekend tidy, procrastination station
Saturday & Sunday - maintain

KatieMae
01-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Mine is going to look something like:
Monday - Kitchen, write menu/shopping list & buy groceries
Tuesday - Bathrooms
Wednesday - Bedrooms (including washing sheets)
Thursday - Projects & Procrastination
Friday - Living & dining rooms; quick tidy all over
Saturday - Crafting time
Sunday - Homeschool planning for the week

I do laundry throughout the week whenever it's needed.